22: HINTERLAND

Comment on each paragraph for update(s) later😮‍💨

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Layla gave a large suspire the minute her feet landed in the cabin, she lean her back against the gates where the guards usually occupy but they are inside their room now though when she's left the house they were sitting right there. Her eyes rested on Zayd's car and her brows rise upwards in wonder since he's clearly been avoiding her for the last two days. Why is he now back when she is getting used to his absence?

It's been a week since the rendezvous and her period arrived right the next day, cutting off any sort of physical contact between them except mild kisses here and there that they cannot resist. Their relationship hasn't improve one bit, they cannot help what they got used to doing whenever they are around each other by shooting words as bullets. She is the one that is always the root of the fights like she's always does.

And she had tried her absolute best to keep him at an arm's length. She cannot be attached to him now that she's planned on leaving the country and everyone in it for good, he shouldn't interfere in her plan. With the way things are augmenting with full vigor between them, feelings will mess things up in no time and then all she's been planning will be ruined. Maybe even make their lives threatened by this unknown ruthless anonymous person haunting her dreams and everyday life when she has enough in her plate already.

Their conversation the day she stopped him from coming to her bed is still fresh in her head as it happened just four or five days ago.

They were fully in their aroused state when something suddenly got influx into her brain like anesthesia to the spinal cord. His hands were fumbling with her zipper when she held both hands to stop him from moving further. "No, we can't."

He frowned, his face contorting into a deep scowl that brought both his brows low to his lashes. "Why?"

She adjusted her shirt and manage to stand up from beneath him with great difficulty as the huge man is not ready to let her off the hook so easily and her leg too. She stood by the edge of the bed and crossed both her hands in front of her so her aroused bosom won't be shown to him and then things will go back to square one. She distanced herself away from him, took deep calming breathe to freshen her memory and think straight without desire clogging each pound of her heart.

When she regained her composure, she frowned. "We shouldn't be doing this. I think I am fine now. Free of all the reason why we are doing this and why we are even here in the first place. I've seen my period and it's ended without an ounce of pain, I'm fine."

Zayd raised a brow then stood up from the bed, questions marring his entire face and movement. He tilted his head to the side while looking at her from head to toe with mock intrigue. Slowly, he backed her to the wall and she unconsciously followed because of how intimidated she was at that moment. The way his eyes stared at her in this predatory way makes her stomach harden with something she cannot name but will definitely categorize as physical attraction to get matters straight and not convoluted.

She is already sensitive from their earlier rendezvous and needs friction so any movement from him will make her see stars. And then he attacked, she as the prey in this situation, a willing prey too because she instantly melted.

His body pressed hard against hers, as if trying to get inside her with many clothing in between. His fingers delved into her hair and massager her scalp in a way that never seize to make her knees numb and brain to shutdown. Her own hands grip hard on his shirt to stop herself from genuflecting, her legs aren't holding her weight. One of his hands waltz slowly down her thigh while tweaking and massaging along the way.