20: SCHADENFREUDE.

Yo! I want us to finish this before june ends guys so your comments will help. Don't writing chapter 53 and I don't think I'm gonna write more than chapter 65 and max 70... you know how we roll😮‍💨 Each paragraph

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Instead of taking her to the hospital, he took her back home mainly because she didn't request that he takes her to the hospital and he is not about to be more chivalrous than he is now. He is not that magnanimous. Taking her to the hospital will be the last straw and he is sure that is the last thing Layla would want or even expect from him. She should be galvanized that he's come looking for her, if he takes her to the hospital, she will faint.

It took all his greatest self control to pick her up in his arms, adjust her behind him on the motorbike and even sacrificing his helmet for her. He really was brought up spectacularly by his parents, he is surreptitious in that aspect. If not for his stellar upbringing, he wouldn't have gone out in that weather looking for her after all she's done to him. Not that his brain isn't stopping him from being nice, it keeps doing that but then his mind will tell him 'she is a lady at the end of the run' and then he is out looking for her.

The way she's tightened her arms around him, he almost thought she was faking the broken leg and dislocated arm. She wanted to suffocate him by blocking his windpipe, tightening her hold with each turn but they gladly got back home safely with none of them dead. In one piece.

Upon their arrival back home, he carried her again in his arms, no words exchanged between them till he reached her room or the room she's stolen from him, the master bedroom. He deposited her on the bed and contemplated whether to just leave her to tend to herself or help her to the en-suite at least. She stinks. He knew she is hating herself right now for that as she is someone that's always taken inordinate attention to anything related to her appearance and skin.

He went to the bathroom and turn on the water in the bathtub, poured everything necessary inside for someone who hasn't bathed for more than two days. The last time she bathed was when they... slept together and that was two days ago. More than forty eight hours. He added her bathing salts —Kuu Spa Salt Scrub Bath Turmeric, lightening ones— and everything he finds there, not bothering to check how things are done. He cannot wait to leave her presence, he shouldn't be nice at all.

After making sure everything is done, he left the bathroom to find her still sitting the way he's placed her on the bed, not even her finger twitched. Something is definitely wrong with her but he won't find out what it is as he is not ready to ask neither would she be ready to answer him. She's always been a mystery to him, she shall remain so.

Befuddled and a little baffled  that he is now curious about her, he went to stand in front of her and waited till she looked up at him which she did five minutes later. Her eyes were desolated and ravenous he could see nothing inside them but it still shocked him that he took a step back. They are depleted, not even the fierceness is present there neither is the fire, vivacity or embers that's always been there. His stomach dropped in unease, his throat cloaked a bit at that. He's never see her like this.

She looks vulnerable and invincible at the same time that he doesn't know what to do with the situation. He is starting feel something he doesn't like and that thing feels relatively close to empathy.

His features started softening slowly, his brows drawn together and a pained look mask his entire face because he cannot believe he is feeling this. Being a soldier doesn't mean you will have to get your emotions messed up. Or is he getting attached to her after just a day of marriage? Obviously just a day because the other two days shouldn't even be added, she was lost then or was she kidnapped? It looks like it because why else would she be sitting there all alone at night? God knows what's happened in those two days.