12: ENDORPHINS CURE

Comment on each chapter for an update tomorrow😮‍💨

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

"...ovarian endometriomas, also called "chocolate cysts" due to their brown color, are cysts that form on the ovaries. The cause of these cysts is endometrial tissue that grows on the ovaries. An endometrioma can form in women who have endometriosis. Symptoms of endometrioma include painful periods and heavy menstrual bleeding. She knows about it for awhile now but never acted on it, only use some sleazy medicines to tame it down.

"She needs to act on it fast. It's either the surgery or she starts counting her days down. Ovarian endometriomas larger than 4 cm should be removed, both to reduce pain and to improve spontaneous conception rates. The removal of ovarian endometriomas can be difficult, as the capsule is often densely adherent." The doctor explained to them, his hands folded in front of him as he scrutinize the couple before him.

"Endometriomas may be considered the most serious threat to a woman's reproductive potential, with the exception of cancerous tumors of the reproductive tract. I feel like she doesn't know about this and that is why she is taking it lightly." He hit his fingers on the table unconsciously while looking at an ultrasound picture on the table in front of him.

Fatima looked at her husband who shrugged his shoulders before she leaned on the table too. "What sort of surgery are you talking about and is there any guaranty that the surgery will work out perfectly?"

"There has been a general consensus that laparoscopic surgical removal of endometriomas is the treatment of choice, especially for cysts larger than 3 cm. Surgery can effectively decrease pain in women with endometriosis, can delay the recurrence of the disease, and can rule out the possibility of malignancy. But we are not sure whether it's going to take it away completely. Hers hasn't reached 3cm but it's about to so we need to tackle it before time."

"I had similar problem years ago but mine was endometriosis but the surgery never took place because I got married. After consummating our marriage, the pain disappeared like it was never there to begin with. Do you think something similar can happen with a few medications? I heard the surgeries are quite risky most of the time." Fatima explained, her mind already knitting so many scenarios on how she wants things to play out.

The doctor looked at her in surprise then nod his head. She knows what she is talking about from the looks of things. She's been there and the surgery should always be the last option if there are other options out on the table just like the one she's suggested. Marriage works too sometimes with the right partner but not just anyone. Someone really attentive.

"You are right about that but I thought she isn't ready for marriage and don't want to force things on her. Endorphins known as happy hormones create a feeling of overall wellbeing, and are also considered natural pain relievers that reduce cramping. Sex helps with menstrual cramps because orgasming releases endorphins, which can help dull pain and even soothe other PMS symptoms like headaches. Additionally, orgasmic contractions use up the excess prostaglandins, which means there is less to cause uterine contractions during period. So that's also a nice option if you can get her married and consummate the marriage before she starts flowing."

Fatima turn around to look at her husband with mischief all over her face and he shook his head. "No, don't."

"Yes, I should." She argued with a large Cheshire cat's smile on her face.

He shook his head at her tactics. She wants to try something that happened to them thinking it's going to work out on her son. Things were different then and the hatred between them was them fighting their attraction against one another while Zayd and Layla are two polar opposite that cannot even stay in the same room for more than a few minutes before the other attacks. Especially now that Zayd knows how to retort and strike back.