15: OLÉ' LOVE

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Fatima closed the door that lead to the walk-in closet in their room whilst rubbing some La Prairie Cellular Cream Platinum Rare around her arms. She's finally going to get some sleep after praying Fajr with all the things that's been going on and the way things had changed in just few hours from finding out about Layla's illness to trying to help her and getting her son married to his own bully.

She smiled at the thought because she cannot wait for them to fall for each other. It's a sight that will be definitely worth seeing and going through all things for, the sleepless night and fatigue. It's going to take awhile but she knew deep down something is going to happen between them or they are even fighting it in the best possible way. Maybe her son but Layla is definitely not into him, not before nor now but maybe in near future.

The door to their room opened and her tired husband walked in looking wary and sleep deprived.

She pouted, she never wanted this for them but this is an aperture she cannot allow to close. That is something her father did to her out of love and she is doing the same thing to her son just that he won't know that now till later on in future. Her only hope is that future comes close, they shouldn't suffer some more especially Layla. She should try opening up to Zayd, things will be alright.

Fatima moseyed to her husband, her soft fingers massaged the bags beneath his eyes then all around his face to his salting beard. Even after almost three decades of marriage, her heart still skipped a beat at the sight of her husband, formerly ACP Ahmad Hakim Al-Hafiz now the Inspector General of Police IGP Ahmad Hakim Al-Hafiz. He's become a geriatric everyone is proud of from the young adults to other geriatrics like him. Children still fall for his charms.

Ahmad had matured into a magnificent man with a presence that both intimidated and dazzled just like before. Since ascending to the IGP position three years ago, he had acquired a veneer of dignity that befitted a man of his considerable power. But no one could look into those remarkable light blue eyes —something only she and the family members knew about— alive with glints of fire and ice, without recalling that he had once been the most handsome sought out guy in Nigeria. He still is, she could attest to that.

She could clearly remember the time they stirred the media and the entire country when everyone found out they were married to each other and the romantic way they'd used to confess their love for one another. It's still something that is trending on social media now and then. They were everyone's couple crush back those days.

Time had treated him lovingly, and always would. He was a beautiful man, lean and elegant, his alluring dark hair now lightly brushed with silver at the temples. A lion in winter, whom no one would cross except at their peril. Maturity had given him a look of cool, incisive authority, the sense of a man who had seen and experienced enough that he could rarely, if ever, be outmaneuvered. But when something amused or touched him, his smile was both incandescent and irresistible.

"You this woman, I don't know what to do with you. Just when I thought I could handle everything you drop on me, you haul something my head can't carry." He wrapped his arms around her waist yanking her closer to his chest as he lovingly looked down at her.

She bit her lower lip in a seductive smile that never seize to make his heart flutter and pulse to race. She use her forefinger to draw it all around the sides of his face. "A boring wife isn't what you need, is it? I am the excitement in your life so I can't be flat, I should be round."

Drowsily she smiled at him, her gaze taking on mysterious depths that caused his heart to skip a beat. She seemed to have some secret knowledge that pleased her greatly, and he wondered what silent thoughts were going through her mind. She's always been enigmatic and mysterious so he shouldn't hold onto that small knowledge she has that she isn't willing to share with him.