10: ALLERGY x WINE

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Before anyone could react or give an answer to Zayd's question, he's already stood up and rounded to table, poured cold wine on Layla then he sneezed and rushed out of the dining room straight to his childhood room upstairs that is in the house. He stormed off, his nose runny and face already itchy due to the allergy. That is how it's always been, it takes less than a minute for it to trigger his immune system in response to the allergen. And then comes the runny nose, itchy eyes, cough and hives.

Damn her for knowing him so much and using that against him! How could she? She knew about his allergy for curry and used it against him. No one ever uses curry in the house after they found out about his allergy, his mother was not a big fan neither was his father so getting rid of it was absolute. This means Layla brought it from home to exact revenge on him for what he did to her earlier. Just when will this their childish tactics come to an end? They are adults now with responsibilities.

Damnation, she has no responsibility and her main goal now will be making his life hell again. He is going to pack up soon and leave the state for her so she could do as she pleases. Definitely going to wife Annalise and move out of the state for the weekdays and come back only weekends for his parents, they will understand that. Clearly, Layla is unstoppable now. If he stays here, she might as well kill him one day and claim it was all a mistake or even accept the felony just knowing he is dead.

That's how deep their hatred for each other run, they should avoid one another to put a cessation to it.

He browsed quickly for medication in the first aid box knowing his mother always rechecks and renew the box even in his absence. Fortunately the medicines are there so he quickly gulped down three before hunting for handkerchief for his nose and cream to rub all over his face for the hives. He started coughing soon after, lied on the bed and curled himself in a ball knowing this won't end anytime soon. Few more hours for it to go down.

Oh, but he wants to strangle Layla Abd Al-Tunaij with all his power and watch her beg for mercy. He blinked his eyes at the thought of Layla begging for mercy. Would she? He chuckled, she'd rather him kill her on spot than beg him for anything but it'd still be great watching her eyes bulge as she struggled to breath. He licked his lips, he will make sure he makes that a reality before leaving the state. That should be their last encounter forever and ever, if Allah wills. He will start praying for that, she is an incubus.

She's harangued him so much years ago, it should stop now.

The need to always avenge what she's done to him the last time they've met tend to overwhelm him that nothing could stop him from making her genuflect time and time again. A lot of people have done him wrong in the past but he's forgotten and forgiven but when it comes to Layla, it's an entirely different story that he can't even talk about himself.

It's almost as though destiny have them tied one way or the other but there is no way he won't untie that destiny that's bind them, it's stupid. Why tie two people that loathe each other more than the devil loathes the good doer? This got to be some sick joke but he is now ready to play with fire for the Zayd before isn't the one now. Or is he not? That is—

His thought came to a halt when he heard the quiet knock from the door and his mother's thin voice came through. "Zee? Are you decent?"

He rolled his eyes. She's never ever asked that question in her life. It's always a knock then 'If you aren't decent then do that in two seconds because I'm coming in' but seems like today is different. "Come in!"

She slowly opened the door and poked her head inside first before coming in fully with a small playful smile tugging at the edge of her lips. She traipsed inside the room in slow, leisure footsteps that is so unlike his mother but he didn't say a thing.