16: LIQUID FIRE

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

The girls left few hours after their arrival in the house so Layla decided to sleep off her exhaustion. She's changed the heating pad around her thrice already but the pain kept on intensifying. She took sleeping pills to help her doze off and thankfully, she left the world in a few minutes that the pain dulled for those hours she's slept.

She awoke around seven in the evening and walked to the kitchen down the stairs. She hasn't explored the house yet and for now, her main focus is her stomach and nothing else. The kitchen is filled with food stuff from top to bottom, everything filled in the fridge, cabinets and jars. She's not a chef neither does she know how to cook but that doesn't mean she cannot cook something she wants to eat like frying eggs, pancake and so on.

Focusing on frying a few sausages and samosas from the fridge alongside her cold chilled orange juice, she started frying quietly while humming to a song. She first started frying the sausage before the samosas, it was difficult orchestrating the gas cooker since this is updated unlike the one in her apartment. She knew that if you fry samosa with the fire high up, the inside will be as cold as fridge while the outside will fry itself to any extent you want just with wrong result.

Zayd walked into the house at that moment after being forced by his mother to not waste any more minute in his apartment. He knew Layla was going to be in the house but he wasn't ready for the sight that greeted him in the kitchen when he went to take water, he ran all the way home as the weather is about to yaw in seconds. Luckily he made it home before the rain started pouring, a narrow escape since the sound of it hitting the roof right now is deafening.

She is only wearing garnet hot pants that is sheathing just her buttocks and even the shirt she is wearing stops beneath her bosom it seems. He is viewing her from the back as the kitchen is right in front of the dining room where he's followed to come to the kitchen. He closed his eyes briefly to clear his head because this cannot be happening right now. He's never felt anything relatively close to this and he shouldn't start feeling it with Layla, his bully and the girl with foul attitude.

A strong awareness of his own heartbeat made him stand still close to the large rectangular window that's viewing the kitchen, he clenched his hands in fists to stop his physical reaction but he has no right over his body's reaction to another gender's beauty for the first time in his life.

The sensation of being flooded with warmth overwhelmed him, he swallowed thickly. His mouth is now moist with increased saliva, he had to pivot around to take a deep calming breath. He needs that water now more than ever!

He started making his way into the kitchen with nonchalance that any actor would've saluted to but midway into the kitchen Layla turned around to see who's in the house with her. There was no sound to alert her of his presence since he walks with this agility that a lion would envy but she felt his presence behind her nonetheless. Her expression stayed neutral even as she viewed his dilated pupils.

An intake of breath was heard and it was from him so he embarrassingly hid it behind blank expression. The rose sport bra she is wearing left little to imagination because there is no way she is wearing anything beneath neither is it hiding anything from his view.

Damnation. . . Someone should kill him already because he's never seen a woman so bare in his life and now that he is seeing one that happens to be his bully's, he is reacting like a damn little boy in heat! This is not right, he needs to be saved before he further humiliate himself. And just like that, she opened her mouth to say something when an outcry came from her as she genuflect to the floor clutching her lower abdomen in pain.

The pressure in her throat released with startling suddenness, and her eyes filled with liquid fire. She shoved at the plate of samosas in blind desperation. God, no, please . . . She was losing control in the most humiliating circumstances imaginable. With the last person in the world she would ever want to witness it, Zayd.