14: VIEWPOINTS

Comment on each chapter for an update tomorrow or later... @Naanarrh and mss_amer

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

"Dad, don't you think your wife is crazy? You know we are not supposed to listen to someone who is crazy." Zayd asked with such genuineness that made Ahmad chortle, he's been questioning himself too for hours.

Is Fatima really in her senses? How could she think that tryst between Zayd and Layla will bring anything fruitful like theirs did? The situation was different then since they knew not about each other till few weeks before they got married around five in the morning by her father whom they both thought was ruthless but the story changed entirely at the end of the day. But Zayd and Layla? They've known each other for ages and never had any decent encounter in their lives so how does she expect this to work out?

He pivoted around to make sure his wife isn't there with them since she is one sneaky woman. He's left her in the hospital earlier to come get his son married at her command. How he was persuaded into being her puppet in this game is beyond his imagination. He just agreed or did he? Fatima Musa Babagana always have her way with things whenever it comes to him. She's got his mumu button between her fingers and she makes sure she toys around with him well.

He's never permitted such with their children's lives though. This is a first and probably the last.

"Your mom thinks you and Layla can sprout out a friendship if being forced under the same roof. I don't know who gave her that idea but she is not one to deviate when she sets her mind, you know that." Ahmad shoved another spoonful of fruit salad down his throat because he is hungry around four in the morning and there is no use trying to sleep when Fajr is around the corner, he might miss it.

Oh, the things he'd do for his wife!

Zayd gave him an incredulous disbelieving stare with narrowed eyes, too much semblance with his mom's. "She thinks? Why on earth must we marry to become friends? And why must we even become friends? We don't like each other, despise one another so why is she trying to force things? Why didn't you make her see sense, dad? This is all trash to be honest."

Ahmad shrugged his shoulders knowing there is no relevant answer to his questions. Only Fatima can answer them. And making her see sense? This boy here has forgotten whom he is talking about. His mother is the weirdest, sassiest and baddest creature to grace the earth but since he is seeing her as a mother, he might not want to glimpse at the other sides.

"Getting us married so we can be friends? God! I don't know whether you both are crazy now and I thought I could rely on you." Zayd threw his head back against headrest, his Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed thickly.

He can't believe he is married and that too to Layla Abd Al-Tunaij. Why did he agree to that? He should've left the hospital after rejecting his mother's idea and maybe go back to the barracks and spend a few days away from her and she will forget all that's happened.

Just then his mother walked in, her smile as large as life itself but Zayd couldn't bring himself to compliment how beautiful her smile is since it suddenly looked grotesque with too much fake aspartame. He looked away with a huff, his eyes aloof at the Victorian chandelier above him. There is nothing he wants to talk about but his heart is filled with so many scenarios that he cannot ignore.

She went to him and drew his nose in a playful way before sitting next to him with a large beam showing off her white teeth, she recently visited her dentist and that's why she is showcasing them. "Latest groom in town. How's it going?"

"Perfect!" He is still not looking at her neither does his answer sound any welcoming but she brushed it away.

"That's great!" She chirped with fake enthusiasm before suddenly becoming serious. "If you want out now, divorce her before things get out of hand. I mean, no one knows about it but our family and they won't tell a soul."