Past The Point Of No Return

Author's Note: AAAA it's here! This chapter is perhaps one of my favorites, and was a pretty hard one to write.

The song that Scarlet is playing is Phantom Medly | Andrew Lloyd Webber, you can easily find it on yt but I will be adding it to the yt of masks and roses playlist right away. It took me so long to find the right one trust me guys I have been looking for YEARS lmao. The song starts at 00:59 and start playing it when you you wish. It will be bolded so its obvious
Thank you so much for reading, and pls let me know what you think!

XxX

That evening I found myself in my room, staring at my bed in wonder. Laying upon it was a dress, a green mask, and a letter. Gingerly I leaned forwards and picked up the note, prying the wax skull off and slipping out the letter.

"Dear Scarlet,

I apologize that I can not deliver this to you in person. I'm afraid that I am far too busy at the moment preparing for my opera to do so. Here is your dress for tonight. I am looking forward to hearing your performance. I know that you're going to be spectacular.

Your faithful servant and friend,

Erik.

P.S. I found your masquerade mask the other night. I thought you might like to have it back. As a memento. Your performance was truly wonderful that night, and I believe you should have something to remember that by."

I smiled, carefully folding up the note and stuffing it back into the envelope. I gingerly placed the letter and the green mask on the nightstand, next to my art book and mp3 player. Then my attention turned to the dress. It was a gorgeous ball gown. It was a deep shade of red, golden spirals swirling around the hem. The top was covered in a thin, gold and black lace that slowly turned to red around the waist. The sleeves of the dress were black and would hang off my shoulders, a row of small, red roses sewn across the bateau neckline.

I carefully picked it up, admiring every inch of it. I slipped out of my shirt and slacks and put on the dress; tying up the corset and adjusting the dress to my proportions. It felt lightweight as I spun around in it. I ran my hands over the skirt softly, when I felt them slip inside the fabric.

I laughed, "Pockets! Thank goodness! Erik, you are a lifesaver." Rushing back over to the nightstand I took all of my belongings; the book, the mp3 player, the mask, and even Erik's note, and stowed them away in my dress, marveling at how easily they fit inside. You couldn't even tell the dress had pockets, or that there was anything in them.

Then, looking back to the bed, I noticed a few small roses with golden tips sitting upon the blankets. Upon closer inspection I noticed that they were hair clips. I rushed into the small bathroom, grabbing a brush and some black ribbon and stood in front of the mirror. I tied part of my hair back, letting the rest fall neatly at my shoulders. Carefully I pinned the roses around the sides and back of my head, checking that they were snug and wouldn't fall out.

I stared at myself, biting my lip. In just a few hours it would all be over. What would happen after? What would-

I jumped, broken out of my thoughts as a knock sounded at my door. I sighed, rushing over to it and opening the door with a twist. Outside it stood Claire, dressed in a simple, blue dress and carrying a suitcase at her side.

I smiled, "Claire! I haven't seen you in a while!" I said, pulling into a hug.

She giggled, squeezing me back, "It's good to see ya, lass," she pulled away, glancing at me up and down, "Look atchya! You look like a rose in that dress of yours!"