One Last Song

I sighed, turning over in the bed, pulling the sheets up closer to my chin. I blinked slowly, inching closer to Erik and snuggling up against him, the heat from his body warming my own. He sighed softly, reaching around me with his arm and pulling me closer.

"What are you doing awake?" I mumbled to him, blinking rapidly as I stared at his chest.

He chuckled softly, and I smiled as he shook me slightly with his laugh, "I could ask you the same question." he answered, rubbing my back.

"Mmm, I woke up, got cold." I smirked, pulling my legs up and placing my cold feet on his thighs, "See."

He hissed, pulling his legs away from me with a laugh, "N-No!" he snorted, "Away with your cold feet, mademoiselle!"

I giggled, "Oh, why so formal?" I asked, climbing on top of him and placing my cold hands on the back of his neck, and he laughed as he grabbed my wrists, trying to pry them away, "Why, sir, you sound quite like a man from the 19th century!" I laughed, speaking in a fake British accent, "How preposterous!" I said, wrestling with him as I attempted to keep my hands on his face, he laughed while trying to pry myself away, "You don't look a day over twenty five, monsieur! Quite extraordinary!"

I shrieked with giggles as he suddenly flipped me over onto my back, sitting on top of me and placing my hands firmly at the side of my head. He smirked, "Well you see, it went quite like this," he whispered, leaning closer to me as I smiled up at him, "Almost 150 years ago I met a rather amazing woman who once taught me that I was not who I thought I was, and that there was more to life than darkness and despair. Then we were separated and then we found each other by chance, and four months later we're as happy as can be."

"Whoever she is," I smiled as I pulled my hands from his, reaching around his neck, "She must be really hot."

He smirked, laying flat on top of me and leaning down by my ear, "Oh, yes," he growled, grazing the tips of his fingers against my jaw, "She's rather gorgeous." he whispered, kissing the side of my neck.

I giggled, smooching the side of his head and patting him, "You're gorgeous too. Now get off me, it's getting hard to breathe."

Erik snorted as he rolled off me, and I cuddled up next to him, "Are you ready for tonight?" I asked him, "Or...tomorrow night? I'm not sure what time it is." I shrugged, closing my eyes.

"Only if you are," he whispered, lazily grazing his fingers against my back, "You have learned quite a lot these past couple of months. I know that you are ready, my rose."

I hummed, "And you are too. We're gonna be great. Now go to sleep, or else." I mumbled, drifting off to sleep without even realizing it.

XxX

"Have a good night!" shouted Beth as I grabbed my purse, shoving my phone and earbuds in it, "I know you guys are going to be great! Perhaps I'll close down early and come and see!"

I smiled as I headed to the doors, "Yea!" I said as I turned back to look at her, "You should totally come and see! It would be amazing to see you there, Beth!"

She nodded, "And if I can't, you two have a good night, alright?"

I nodded, opening the door and strolling outside; the cold, December air greeting me and I smiled as a chilly breeze rolled over me, orange and red leaves swirling around my legs as fluffy white snowflakes drifted all around me, "You too!" I told her as the door closed behind me. I smiled as I turned to the running truck in the parking lot, and I rushed over and threw open the door.

"Hey!" I said to Erik as I jumped in and closed the door behind me, "Are you ready?" I asked him as I reached for the AUX cord and plugged in my phone.

Erik didn't say anything, but simply smiled and nodded, but his smile didn't quite reach his eyes. I rolled my eyes at him as I scrolled through my music.