Reprise

Author's Note:  AAA!! It's the chapter I have been waiting so long to post! I can't wait for you all to read it! There are two songs in this chapter! The first one is based off the song Strange Sight by KT Tunstall, the second, and my most favorite is 10,000 miles by Mary Chapin Carpenter. I've been waiting to use this song for so long yall have no idea. if u want to listen along to it as u read u can, i'll mark when to start with this: /

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT I made all of my oc's for this story on artbreeder! I'll be posting them on tumblr for you guys and the link will be in my bio if you want to see what Scarlet, Simon, Emily, Bayard, Jacob, and Claire all look like in my eyes! Go check it out and tell me what you guys think!

XxX

The smell of disinfectant and medicine wafted in Emily's nose as she sat patiently in the waiting room, biting her lip and staring blankly ahead. Her thoughts whirled in the back of her mind, but it all seemed distant and warped as she sat in silence. She pushed all thought and emotion away, to keep her from crying and to remain strong.

"Emily Crane?" Called a nurse as she walked in, glancing around the room.

Emily snapped her head up, gathering her purse and phone and standing up.

"Are you ready?" the nurse asked. Emily's thoughts whirled again, but quickly they were pushed away, her heart telling her that her decision was right. She couldn't just let her friend, her family, continue to suffer. She finally had to let her go. Slowly, Emily nodded.

"Come with me, dear." Said the nurse, turning and strolling down a hallway. Emily followed, gazing at the naturesque paintings that hung on the walls. Finally, they stopped at the end of the corridor, in front of a simple door. The nurse reached out and opened it and the two of them walked in. Emily glanced around the familiar room, her eyes landing on Scarlet, lying in the bed, tube in her mouth and wires in her arms. Immediately, Emily's eyes watered.

'She already looks like she's dead.' Emily thought to herself.

"Look's like we're all ready then, I take it?" asked a voice from the door. Emily spun towards it, spying the doctor.

Emily nodded, "Yes," she whispered, "It's... it's not right to let her continue like this. I can't bear to watch it anymore. It's time that... that we both move on."

The doctor nodded, reaching out and grabbing the clipboard from the nurse, "Just going over the formalities here. Are you her only family? Her sister...?" he questioned, looking up at Emily.

She shook her head, "No, I'm her friend, but we're basically family. We pretty much grew up together. Then we were roommates in college, her mother passed away due to heart complications a little while after highschool and I cut contact with my adoptive parents around the same time, so it's been just us since. We were about to move in together, before all of this."

The doctor flipped through the pages, "Court records state that she already has a will, and that everything is going to you and her affairs are your responsibility, and that you are requesting we begin withdrawing nutritional support and ventilation today?"

"Yes, I am. When her mother died she hadn't written a will, so not everything went to Scarlet, some things had to be liquidated by the state or were given to other, long distant family. So she made sure she had her own will ready, just in case if... well, if something were to have happened to her."

He nodded, handing the clipboard back to the nurse, "Of course. Shall we begin?" he asked, walking over to the machine that was keeping Scarlet alive.

Emily stepped forwards, "Wait." The doctor paused, turning to look at her in confusion. Emily stuttered, "I-I just," carefully she reached into her purse, pulling out a small rectangular device, "She really loved music, and I would just like five more minutes alone with her, just to play one of her favorite songs. She should listen to one more song before she leaves."