Regal Blood

People knelt down upon hearing the drums that signaled the king's arrival, and they began to cheer for their monarch. The king's footsteps echoed as he entered the throne hall.

Three queens stood up from their respective seats to show respect to their king as soon as he entered the throne hall. The queens were seated a considerable distance from the king's throne but not too far. They held a certain level of power but not as much as the king. They were known for their royal beauty rather than royal authority.

The king looked at his throne and admired every part of it—the beautiful canopy, elaborate pomp, and the imperial royal blood sign of an eagle. Taking a few more steps, he approached his throne, stood in front of it, turned around to face the local people, and some of his advisors.The king took a deep breath and felt a sense of elevation after sitting on his throne. An indescribable power and wealth always washed over him when seated on his throne. It made him feel godlike, and who wouldn't want to become a god?

With a signal, the king directed the continuation of the ceremony.

After the queens took their seats, the king's advisors occupied chairs, while the local people remained standing. No one dared to sit in front of their god.

"Your Majesty! Hail for our king!" An old man hailed from afar, emerging from the crowd toward the king. The king gazed at the old man and signaled for him to continue with whatever he wished to convey.

"Your Majesty, I am an average citizen of this kingdom and have always felt blessed to be under your benevolent rule. I willingly paid my taxes without objection," the old man expressed, conveying his gratitude toward his sovereign. However, an issue had arisen.

"So now you object to your king?" an advisor of the king questioned the old man, wearing a look of disdain.

"No, Your Majesty, never! I would never question our sovereign... Who am I to question our lord?" The old man trembled in fear at the stern words of the king's advisor.

"Then what?" the king's assistant inquired of the old man, adopting a tone that conveyed mild interest but urged him to articulate his concerns.

"My daughter," the old man cried, invoking the name of his only daughter before the king. His eyes reflected the unbearable pain he sought to convey, the anguish stemming from the loss of his beloved child.

"Your Highness, the men who forcibly collected the taxes have taken my daughter," the old man knelt down in defeat, his strength depleted. Tears streamed continuously from his eyes, falling to the ground.

"I implore you, Your Highness, I want my daughter," the old man cried before his sovereign, beseeching for his daughter's life with folded hands. The onlookers in the ceremony observed every detail.

Queens also observed the old man's plea for his daughter in front of the king, but they remained silent. Their role was to witness the king's greatness without interfering in his decisions.

"Have you paid all your taxes?" the king finally inquired of the old man, who immediately nodded in agreement while still crying.