His Touch

Jungkook's heart stopped beating as he witnessed the worst situation he had ever imagined. He looked at his own hands stained with Jimin's blood, overcome with fear and shock at Jimin's vulnerable state.

Despite Jimin's feeble attempts to stay away from the prince, Jungkook's grip on him remained firm.

"Yo-your highness," Jimin uttered, trying to capture the prince's attention and loosen his grip.Upon hearing Jimin's plea, Jungkook, holding back tears, promptly removed the holy scarf from his wrist—a symbolic accessory given by the king in his childhood. This act did not escape the notice of the king. Jungkook used the scarf to dress Jimin's wounded wrist, staunching the bleeding.

The holy scarf, initially bestowed upon the prince when he turned twelve, symbolized the purity and power of the kingdom. Only two individuals in the kingdom possessed this scarf—the king and the prince. Witnessing the scarf tainted by the blood of a slave angered the king, evident in the gritting of his teeth at the sight.

Jimin attempted to intervene, but when he met Jungkook's unreadable gaze filled with various emotions, he immediately lowered his eyes in respect.

"What are you doing?" the king questioned, rising from his throne with an incredulous expression. The king couldn't fathom that Jungkook was taking such measures for a mere slave.Jungkook offered no response to the king's query, simply holding Jimin in his arms and instructing Jimin to support him as they headed to the royal doctors.

"I am addressing you, Prince," the king insisted, recognizing that Jungkook was breaking established norms.

In the next moment, Jimin collapsed, and Jungkook, already cradling him, prevented him from falling. Without hesitation, Jungkook turned to leave the assembly hall, heading straight to the royal doctors.

"This slave needs to die... He can cause death to you!" The king's voice echoed, causing Jungkook to pause briefly, gritting his teeth at the king's words regarding Jimin.

Jungkook then turned to the king, locking eyes with him for a moment, sending a shiver down the king's spine. "If this human dies, believe me, there will be no one on this earth who can save you from me!" Jungkook declared with intensity before swiftly leaving the assembly hall, leaving behind a perturbed king and a shocked audience.

For the first time, the people in the assembly hall looked up at the prince, witnessing a royal wrapping his arms around a slave and rushing to the royal doctors, a profound statement that, in that moment, a slave's life mattered. 'We matter.'

.

.

.

Jimin lay unconscious on the bed in the prince's chambers, while Jungkook cupped Jimin's hand in his own. Jungkook, after ensuring Jimin's well-being with the royal doctors, couldn't believe the gravity of the situation. He carefully examined Jimin's hand, now dressed by the royal doctor, and tears welled up in his eyes as he witnessed Jimin's vulnerable state.

The weight of the realization that he was the reason for Jimin's suffering weighed heavily on Jungkook's heart. He couldn't fathom why Jimin had been punished for an action initiated by him. Conflicted emotions surged within Jungkook, and he silently vowed to himself, 'When I touched you, why were you punished? If anything bad happens to you, I'll also kill myself.'