Ch 24: Forgiveness

Sundrop's POV:

It was the next day and I was waiting in the tower for the children to come into the daycare. Moondrop was awake but we didn't speak to each other or even look in the others direction. Laughter of the kids filled the room as they all came in. I jumped from the tower and into the ball pit, rising up from the plastic to meet the kids and play all day! I hope they don't remember what happened the other day..

~After a while~

An hour and a few minutes have passed since the children arrived. We were playing hide and seek at the moment I knew I was being watched by not just the children but Moon was watching as well. He lurked in the shadows of the tower doing nothing but stare. He's probably mad at me for yesterday and why would he forgive me anyways? I said some horrible things to him! I need to apologize soon.. maybe during nap time.

I went on my way to find the kids who were still hiding on me. It backed kind of difficult because their so small and can go almost anywhere. It took a while but I did eventually find the rest of them- well- they actually came out themselves and scared me. I fell to the floor with the children climbing all over me. I didn't mind it at all! But it was now time for the children to have a snack and then naptime will be around the corner so I'll hopefully get to see Moon and apologize to him for yesterday..

~during snack~

The kids were enjoy their snacks while I sat a bit sways from them reading a book of mine. It was too much of an older book for the kids but that's okay. The clanking of metal was distracting me from my reading so I finally looked up seeing Moondrop head my way. He looked calm and angry but that's his normal face. I raised the book up closer to my fave but it was snatched away.

"Ready to talk?" Moon asked looking at the cover of the book.

"I-..yeah.." I responded nervously.

"Good."

Moon set the book down by me and sat across staring directly into my eyes. I blushed at his gaze I could y help it! We sat silently for a few seconds before I attacked him with a hug and he didn't push me off.

"I'm sorry Moony!" I said, "I don't know what got into me!"

"...Its okay Sundrop," he responded, patting me on the back, "but why were you so angry?"

"It was probably because of the night of the party.. I'm sorry again, I didn't mean anything I said!"

Moondrop sighed and let go of me. I looked at him who was smiling.

"I know you didn't Sunny but there are a few things that i do need to fix, like helping out more around the place and I'm sorry that I don't."

I felt as guilty as ever. I know he doesn't help as much but still.. I'm going to push that side for now.

"Thank you Moon.."