Task 5: "For The Love of..."

Note: On this task, our tributes were to fall in love with another tribute. Crazy, right? I mean, criminals falling in love? Even less likely would my tribute and the tribute from District 2, Kleone, equally as sociopathic as mine, fall in love. Anyways, that was the task and this was how I solved it. Go to the Games to find Kleone's entry for hers ;).

A cold confident smirk runs across my face as that cannon booms through the speakers. What a fool. As if I wanted to play allies with someone like him - Conner. He was too pure-hearted for my taste...for anyone who is a killer obviously. My tastes and desires were excessively many levels above his. This control room is all mine now and whoever tries to fight their way in here, will die. I and I alone will control both Arenas in any way that I please.

I'm not much a techie, imagine that when I've been locked up for two years, but I seem to know enough to watch replays of what's happened in the tower as well as the other Arena. I see how people changed and either became too friendly for their own good or evil-minds that I find more intriguing. I see some images of myself as well. I don't like what I'm seeing. The boy on those pictures...they messed with my personality and I'm gonna make sure to pay Silka a visit and let her know how I 'felt' about it when I'm done with all of these morons.

The other Arena had a rather interesting development. The tributes had to escape spiders, giant mutt-spiders looking for their promised coward-tribute-lunch. The dead ones clearly didn't know how to handle themselves. Fear. Weaknesses. Clearly nothing else to explain the obvious. I on the other hand, have no fear or weaknesses. That's what's going to take me to clear victory in these Games. Nobody will be able to stand in my way.

The ones that died in this past stage of the Games were Conner, Ty, Valentine and Nicon. Clearly, none of them were neither smart enough to see through the haze or know how to keep composure against the mutts hunting for them. I would rather prefer a 'spidey' chasing me than the way they changed my personality just a few hours ago.

I look down on my hands for a moment, seeing the fresh blood that has dried on my hands as well as my neck, throat and entire face where I smeared it. I'm a killer out for blood and now I've literally got the taste for it. Exhilarating. The sensation of this last kill brought me back to the first time I ever killed something or someone. I've found a new way to savor my kills. I don't need them to be alive. Heck, I might not even want them to anymore. I'm gonna make sure every person I kill from now on, has their blood on me.

I put my arms in a cross as I watch on the different screens how my competition and 'fellow' tributes try to fight their way up the levels. I smirk slightly to myself as I know what's coming their way the second the door behind me opens. I walk over to Conner and dig through his uniform, bringing up everything he has and try to find something useful. Unfortunately, it's all just as disappointing as he was easy to kill. The only thing I find on him is a hand-made knife, cables, some supplies.

I'm putting my things down and I'm about to go over ideas for how to use all of it when suddenly the lights and the screens around me shut down. I turn my head around me to see absolutely nothing but pitch-darkness. That is until a screen appears in the middle of the room, lights up the whole damn room with this make-up doll...no wait, Silka. Apparently there's something she wants us all to know behind the public's attention.

"Dear tributes..." Really? Pleasantries? "...the Capitol thinks all of you to be very cold individuals. No allies, no friends? You're letting the population down." Cold individuals? Does she even know the type of individuals she's put in here? "So I've put in a little twist that will fix that appearance of your personalities." She goes on. I find myself looking at her image on the screen with rage. That last 'twist' of her saw me change in a way I don't ever want to experience again. I strain myself to keep my composure, but I'm really walking on a knife's edge about whether or not I smash the screen with the hammer. "You will put on a show for the Capitol. You will all fall madly in love with another tribute..."