Task 2: "The Bloodbath"

I wake up just in time the morning after that dreadful interview. As I sit up, I watch how the sunlight barely makes it through the glass by the window. What a wonderful thing silence is. I appreciate such moments because they aren't filled with ignorant or arrogant personalities. Unfortunately those moments never really last.

I've barely heard a word from the designers and my escort since last night. I walked right past them and over to my room when I heard them talking about me creating some big trouble for myself for acting the way I did. Apparently this interviewer, I can't bother with her name, is close with the Head Gamemaker and that he can now stir up some trouble for me in the Arena. My arrogant act was not something I should've done I kept hearing them say, but if I'm honest, nothing can really get any worse than this. I'm here now, the risk of me dying in the Arena within the next few days is high.

The uniform for the transport to the Arena is lying on my bed. It doesn't look like an actual Arena-outfit. It's somewhat too light I figure as I put it on me. I don't even look myself in the mirror before I get out of my room and see that my escort is waiting for me by the door to the elevator. "Up bright and early...are you ready?" She asks. I give her a raised eyebrow which shuts her down. "Obviously a stupid question...let's get to the roof."

The wind has this harsh breeze as the door opens from the elevator and we step outside. I can immediately tell that the escort would've liked to stay in the elevator without her clothing and hair going all over the place. I on the other hand admire the big machine standing right in front of us - a hovercraft. The peacekeepers by the ramp are walking towards us. "Well, good luck..." The escort lets out. I turn my head towards her for a moment, not giving anything away as I meet the peacekeepers halfway and walk with them towards the hovercraft.

I get up the ramp and find my designated seat. I turn my head looking around at the ones already here. My District partner is right in front of me, her sadistic self that is and she's having her eyes on me. She's out for blood, that's for sure, probably even mine. I give her a casual and careless grin before I turn my attention away from her and I see my allies sitting further inside the hovercraft. My ally from 12 seems slightly nervous, as if he wonders if our alliance still stands. The siblings from 11 further in than him whom I don't know why I've allowed into the alliance in the first place. I guess I still have a soft-spot.

The boy from 7 and girl from 9 make out the rest of my alliance. They've both seemed strong in the sessions. They're easily going to last for more than one day. I haven't bothered to learn their names as you can tell. If I learn their names, losing them will become personal. I'm not gonna become personal...I can't be. I know this alliance is going to break at some point anyway and I better not take it personal then. Getting emotional will be my downfall if I allow it. I can't let that happen, not again.

The hovercraft lifts off the ground so softly that I barely notice it. One of the peacekeeper-assistants walk over to me and asks for my arm. I've seen her walk around shooting something into other tributes' arms. I put up my mine as she puts some sort of pistol to my skin and fires something that enters my arm. I look curiously at it, not feeling anything as it pierces through my skin. "It's your tracker..." She lets out monotone before she walks over to the next one and I look around once more. The Careers seem relaxed, too anxious to get started while the rest are either concentrated or pissing their pants off.

An hour later the hovercraft lands on where the Arena is, and the peacekeepers come in getting us out one at the time and escort us to our launch-room. A couple of peacekeepers come to escort me and they lead me down this hall before they stop by a set of doors that open at their command and I step inside. Looking in I see the designer waiting for me. Next to her there's a small table of food and water and the Arena-outfit hanging by a knob. Without saying anything to the personal designer, I put it on. It's light, the kind of outfit that's both warm, but at the same time not suffocating.