Task 8: "Chasing Life" (F) (W)

These games have been going on long enough. I've been in here for days and I've been forced to go through things I never imagined, things that I...well, let's just say they've made out a mission for me. The last thing I care about now is any sort of arrangement or catches that I have to play by to stay alive. I'm out for kills, I'm out to do whatever the hell I need to do to get little Cyrus out of my head. If killing is the only way, I'll gladly do it.

It won't work. I hear from him inside my head. I shake it slightly as I stop almost at the very bottom of the stairs in the tower. I slightly grin to myself as I reminisce the fact that only a few moments ago, I ran into little Zeiden. Turns out, I did in fact see him that night in the Capitol when everything went baloney with the power. Let's just be clear: I did 'congratulate' him on killing the President, but what was about it before I snapped his neck as if it was nothing.

I was on my way down the tower, trying to make my way towards the rubble-arena. Zeiden seemed to be trying to get away from there. I'm actually seeking them out because my fingers are itching to kill someone. Including myself, we're four left: Lei, Wynterra...and Kleone. Oh, I can't wait to get my hands on her. How I had to restrain myself earlier to not kill her because her being alive was the same as me being alive. Well, now, the gloves are off, the diplomacy over. It's me and my wrecking, versus her. Boy, I can't wait for that!

As I finally make it down to the bottom-level and step outside of the tower, I can sense the artificial wind blow through my clothing and the artificial sunlight hit me in the face. I'm not quite used to it. This is my first time down here, but nothing here will impress me. All I really care for is finding the other tributes and kill them. After that, I have a 'date' with Head-Gamemaker Silka. We're gonna have one nice, long chat about certain things from these Games...

I barely get to take a few steps out into the rubbled arena when the ground starts shaking violently. I see cracks appear on the ground and red liquid slowly turning more and more visible. It takes me less than a second to realize what it is - lava. This is hell, isn't it? Funny how that works out. I start running towards safety, which is the three towers still standing after everything that's happened down here. I turn my attention towards the middle one, which is the tallest one. That's the safest one...relatively speaking anyway.

I'm only a few meters away from the wall. The lava is actually fast enough to almost get to me. As I'm just reaching the wall, an arrow pierces my ankle. I try my best to not let out a single sound. I grit my teeth as I try to ignore the pain and start climbing. My movement is too slow as the injured foot stays down on the ground as the lava touches it before I pull up. "You can put me through whatever the hell you want, but I'm still coming for you!" I yell out in anger.

As I manage to pull myself up the wall and put a safe distance between myself and the lava, Silka obviously feels the need to talk to us. We're practically her little pets in here. "Dear tributes - the end is finally here. The first tribute to get to the top of the tallest tower and crown him- or herself as victor, wins! Obviously you'll have to have killed all of the remaining tributes." She starts as I take a deep breath. "I'd hurry if I were you: in 90 minutes, the lava will have reached the top of the tallest tower." I'm not gonna follow her rules, I'm just gonna focus on keeping the lava off of me. For now, her 'instructions' and my way of surviving, are the same.

"If you think that's the only thing, you're wrong." Here she goes. "There is one last twist to settle the matter of who this year's Hunger Games-victor is. You are all criminals..." You don't say. "...we cannot have a criminal as a victor. The one tribute that can show the most pure motivation, can put the crown on top of their head...if not, you will die and all of your kills will have been for nothing..." Screw her and her twists and killer-crowns. I'm going to win this. I'm gonna kill everybody that's left, I'm gonna win and I'm gonna put that crown on my head whether my motivation is considered 'pure' or not.