Task 5 - "Aim For The Ring"

Just after Mango's death, Skylar noticed that his watch went active. Another swoosh was happening as Skylar saw the arrows circle closer and closer to the 15th century. He noticed the temperature and scenery change around him. He looked at his watch to see the date somewhere in the middle of the 1400s. He found himself in the middle of a camp in a forest. When he looked down on what he was wearing, he noticed that the outfit had changed into a typical archers outfit. He would stand out a lot more if he just had the gladiator-outfit so he wasn't that surprised that his outfit had changed.

Not really knowing how it went on the in the previous challenge, Skylar was eager to see which one of his allies, if any of them for that matter, had made it through their fights. As he looked around, he couldn't see many people that actually looked like tributes, but after a while, he caught of someone he found awfully familiar – Alina.

"Okay...well, I kinda expected you to survive. Mango? He can't have been that big of a challenge..." Skylar put his arms in a cross, almost feeling offended, but at the same time he knew she was right. "You're right about that..." Skylar kept looking around to see if he could find the last person in their alliance. "He went to fight just before me...he didn't make it. To his defense, he was put up against one of the strongest tributes..." She let out. Skylar lifted on his shoulders. "He was dead weight anyway..."

"So...we're clearly supposed to be archers of some sort. Have we gotten a task here or?" Alina then asked. Skylar shook his head. "I was actually hoping that you knew..." Skylar let out as he tried to make sense of what the task would be this time. "...at least we both know that it involves mastering a weapon, though, archery isn't really my strongest suits..." Alina said. Skylar simply looked over at her with a confident smile before everything around them suddenly froze.

"Have any of you ever heard of the famous Robin Hood? It is said, and there's no way to verify if it's true or not, that Robin Hood was an outlawed man who stole from the rich and gave to the poor." Skylar and Alina looked at each other, anxious as to what their task would be in the middle of it. "He was famous for making a fool out of the King and it's needless to say that the King didn't like that. One story in that category is that the King arranged an archery-tournament where the winner, would have Lady Marian's hand. That's the story..."

Skylar smiled to himself as he sensed a twist come up. The Head-Gamemaker would most certainly have a special twist for this just like in the previous 'times'. Skylar had actually been intrigued with the way these Games were being played out. Instead of hunting other tributes down in a plain Arena, they went through different times and eras with tasks to complete in order to survive. It was a nice twist to what he had previously considered to be rather plain and boring games in the past. Even the one with the criminal tributes didn't do much to spark his interest...

"Your story however, is not the contest. It is not even about winning Lady Marian's hand. You are in a hurry. As it happens to be, regarding Lady Marian, she grew up in the riches of the King and he once bought her a beautiful silver ring worth a lot of money. Your task here is to retrieve the ring. She wears it all the time so you have to figure out a rather creative way to make her give it away...or you can try to steal it. However you decide to get it is up to you..."

It was if someone just hit 'play' again as the people around them continued as if nothing had ever happened. Alina and Skylar looked around them, slightly put off by how it all just continued. Behind Alina, Skylar spotted a double set of bow and arrows. It was if they had just been neatly placed there just for them. "Okay...you got any ideas for the ring?" Alina asked. Skylar looked at the bow and arrow in deep thought as he walked over to retrieve it and get a feel of the bow. It wasn't suitable for him at all...