Task 4: "Don't Scream"

A/N: In this task our tribute is trapped inside a recording-room, which is sound-proof. Our tributes can't say a word, but they will be facing a clone of themselves...and they can talk.

My heart is beating faster than I thought my fragile little heart could muster as I struggle to keep up with my allies in front of me. We hardly got out of the room with the props before knives from other tributes were attacking us. Obviously now none of them poses a threat to any of us, but some of us took some hits and we are now on the run to lick our wounds. I'm in the back of the herd and when I look behind me, I see something suddenly fly my way. I manage to avoid it just in time, but in the time I looked back, my allies in front of me has suddenly disappeared.

I am on my own as I try to keep the pace up. When I look back, I see that a male tribute is chasing me. I hardly get to turn my head back when my foot gets stuck in something and I literally go face down. I hit my forehead on the floor and when I get up, I'm really dizzy. As I look forward, I see a light at the end of the hallway. As much as the shadows is my home, if I can reach that room, I have a fair chance at shutting that door in his face and wait him out.

I grab the bow that slid a few meters away from me when I fell and then run as fast as I can. The running I used to do at night when I couldn't sleep is serving me well or else I wouldn't stand a chance. It is actually probably the one thing I'm confident in doing, whether it's physically or mentally. Running is in my nature – I'm a runner, unlike most careers.

I manage to get to the door and step past the entrance before I close the door and immediately look for something that I can use to block it so I don't have to stand here and keep it locked. I know I'm trapping myself by going in here, but I can't keep running forever. If I can find the light-switch, I can use the shadows for my advantage and kill him without him ever noticing my movements. That is when I will have the advantage and he will have the disadvantage. Eventually I manage to find a pole of some sort and place it underneath the door-knob before I look behind me.

I have no idea what sort of room this is supposed to be. It looks like some sort of board, like a control-board or whatever. The only thing I see is boards upon boards with different kinds of buttons in different kinds of colors and I have no idea what a single one of them does. Above the board, there's like this window into another room. I'm actually curious to find out what sort of room that is before I hear banging on the door. This tribute isn't going to give up trying to kill me. The pole is holding for now, but it's not going to last...

...in fact it doesn't last for more than a couple of seconds as Mye bursts through the door and I try to fire one of my 'fake arrows' at him. For once in my life I miss and I back off in panic towards the entrance to the other room. I try to fire again and I hit him closer to his chest, but he's not stopping. He really is going to do everything he can to get to me. I swallow hard. On one hand, I can just let him die slowly and painfully, but that gives him a chance to get to me. I keep backing off, into the other room as I fire the third arrow, which finally hits him fatally in the chest, and he collapses.

I hear my heart is pounding in my chest and I try to catch my breath as I look at him lying there on the ground, lifeless and with his eyes open. I want to go over there and close them, but the door suddenly smacks shut right in my face. I grab the handle and try to force it open, but no matter how much I try, the door won't budge. I'm trapped! I bang on it several times, even though that's not the best idea because the wrong person might hear it. In my state of panic, I don't even stop to think about it.

I want to scream. I need to scream. I'm a career, I know, but I'm not like the rest. I'm not big, strong, confident...I'm me. Normally I never talk, but this time I need someone, preferably an ally, to come and let me out of here. The moment I try to make a sound however, nothing happens. I'm completely mute. The air around me doesn't feel like normal air at all. I feel like I'm stuck in a vacuum where every single sound I try to make with my mouth, simply won't leave my lips.