Task 7 - "Victorious" (F) (2nd place)

A/N: My second finale-task for a Writer's Games, and I really liked how this was situated after my tribute supposedly have won the Games. Hence, the title of the task and the numerous of flashbacks throughout the task. This is probably the longest task I've written for a Writer's Games, but I guess that had a little something to do with how I already 'knew' the nature of the task that I wanted to write. I had an idea right away and I stuck with it, which was pretty cool. The host of the Games, a-k-a-anonymous, picked out the song that my task reminded her of, which just so happens to be favorite band and my favorite song of them. Excited to see how people viewed Shadow throughout the Games. It's all up to the people. Look out for the possible W in the title in a couple of days.

This is my last task for Writer's Games for a little while. Going into hiatus. Who knows, maybe I'll host my own Games??

My heart is pounding in my chest. My head is heavy. My breath is still heavy because I'm recovering. Funny thing though, that's not what's bothering me. It doesn't even come close. Standing here, I'm just... I don't care about the collapsed lung or the internal bleedings that I had. In fact, I would go through that all over again if that meant I could avoid this - the pounding in my chest, the claps of the roaring crowd on the other side of the curtain, my sweaty palms, and let us not forget, this outfit.

It's not like I get to have much of a say about what happens now. Winning the Games is something I have to do by my own hands, but what happens after is in the hands of the Capitol. Me, I just have to participate...sort of like how I 'participated' in the Games. This is all too much though. I can't take the attention. With the oxygen mask covering my mouth and nose it's a wonder I'm just sitting straight.

This outfit though, God, it's making me choke to death! The outfit and the whole arrangement is just...I don't want to be at the center of attention. All sorts of light-cannons will be aimed at me and they will reveal all of my scars. I like the shadows, I long for the shadows. Being in the shadows is like being at home.

Of course, that is just what I want, that's not what I'm likely to get. Everything that happened in the Games are now playing on all the big screens in front of the crowd, even behind the stage where I am situated. Who I was before the Games would never be able to watch that, but now I feel drawn towards it. I can't explain it as the interviewers from a couple of hours ago, Gloss and Areefta, pop up on the screen. They are commenting every single event that happened throughout the Games.

"These Games were truly one of the most amazing Games in history! Every tribute fighting with their own anthem to fight their way through the different challenges that arose. Right here, look at that precise moment, right here, from our newest Victor, Shadow Skye...boy, that kill was one of the goriest of these Games!"

The male interviewer goes on. I swallow at the mention of it. It doesn't make me shake badly or get a panic-attack, but my stomach still gets uncomfortable. I don't want or need to see what I did and how I did it. I just want to go home...well, my new home given my newly appointed status, I don't even know if I have that anymore.

*Flashback*
We are only four people left. Twenty tributes have died and now we're down to the final four. I never imagined that I would be one of them. I never imagined that I would have the stomach to do some of the things that I've been forced to do. My battle cry was real. Three has died since then and now we're just four: me, Mye, Nevia and Dilen. I already knew some of them would make it far, there's only one surprise - me.