Preface.

For all who find themselves in that region between the darkness and the light. Life isn't so clear cut, so why are we? 

Triggers: Strong sexual content, Violence, Blood, & Suspense beyond the imagination. 

Please read at your own peril.

For the full experience, readers are strongly encouraged to read with the music.

**********

That cold, restless Wednesday evening started like any other. I had been standing on my balcony, basking in the chilly, autumn air when I heard it—the booming calls of distress echoing through the restricted section of the woods.

Back then, I lived in a compact town located just 260 miles North of Athens, where I resided in a small cottage nestled on the outskirts of Litochoro. Though cramped, I was content living in my cozily plush cot which, at that time, stood way at the entrance of the North Forests—Or as most called it, "The Cursed." Though silly, it had rightfully earned that nickname for a very special reason; most people who ventured in, were seldom seen again.

For the most part, I did an excellent job keeping myself out of trouble. But being a naively unsuspecting girl, with high hopes working to complete her studies through the town university's exchange program, it was only inevitable for one rash, benevolent decision, to change the course of my life...forever.

Stuck between the clutches of shock and boredom, my body instantly stilled as I tried to listen for another sign of life. After what felt like forever, I heard the noise again as it's loud echoes practically shook the treetops looming into the skyline. This sounded like it should've been one of those opportune moments for me to MIND MY BUSINESS and head inside. But there was something about that shrilling cry... Almost like it was beckoning me.

As I stood on my balcony, contemplating heading back into my cot, I heard an obscenely loud crack as a bright streak of lightning struck the ground right where the central clearing had been located just a few feet into the forest.

Wrapping my arms around myself, I squinted off into the distance trying to make out any movements. 'How could anyone be out here in the presence of a storm?' I worriedly thought to myself. Eventually, the curse of my compassion finally got the best of me after the third bellow.

'I will probably regret this', I groaned to myself before swinging into action. Swiftly running down the stairs, I crawled under the yellow 'Caution' tape that had been carefully wrapped around the small entrance to the woods, without even giving it another well-deserved thought.

As I sprinted in the direction of the clearing, I realized this had been my first time actually venturing into these forests, and I had no idea what I would encounter. No idea where I was even going. Pulling my courage back together, I forced myself to ignore the sharp branches and thorns that were viciously tearing away at my clothes. Running blindly, I continued to dash for the center...

**********