• She Needs Me.

For the full experience, readers are strongly encouraged to read with the embedded music.

The following night, me and Valentine sit across from each other at the dining table. Dinner had been served long ago, but I was exceedingly disinterested in my plate. We remain in silence as he watches me fumble with my dress from across the table.

"You haven't touched your food", he finally speaks up, but I can't seem to keep my thoughts at bay. Why did he get to torture me over and over, with no consequence? It made me feel so frustrated, and it's all I could think about all day.

Reaching out for my glass, I take a long swig in response to his prodding. The warm liquid flows down like a sweet river, leaving a warm, fuzzy feeling it its wake as it pushes away my anger and drowns out my sorrows.

I take a second to revel in the building feeling before bringing the cup back up to my lips again. His eyes glimmer under the dining hall lights as he watches me take another harsh, long gulp.

"Lillith, that's enough. You're drinking too fast. You know this isn't like mortal wine" frowns Valentine concerned.

Cocking my head, I finally meet his gaze and offer him a weak smirk.

"You know...when you tell me not to do something, it makes me want to do it even more" I grudge drawling my tongue along the rounded edge of the goblet, eyeing him as I do so. Throwing my head back, I down the last of the golden liquid like it's water.

"Oh, my fates" he breathes, watching me surprised, as the temperature drops.

Slamming the cup back down onto the table, I gaze wildly at him. I can feel my inhibitions rapidly slipping from reach as the ambrosia takes full effect on me, almost knocking me out of my seat. Curiosity intruding on my psyche anyway, I pause for a second before posing him a question I've always wanted to ask.

"What was it like. When you first saw me...what was going through your mind?" I prod drawing circles along the table.

As he continues to watch me, his expression darkens into something else... Something unholy. He opens his mouth to answer, but his words seem caught in his chest and a series of hitched breaths come out instead.

His reaction awakens something in me and my boldness overpowers my table manners. "Am I...bothering you?" I coo slightly tilting my head in amusement. 

The next thing I do takes even me by surprise, the alcohol in my system now driving the wheel while my conscious watches from the backseat.

 Leisurely hoisting myself onto the table, I knock a few utensils off of the hard surface which sends them clattering against the ground.

"Get down" he breathes taken aback, his voice just barely a whisper. I can tell he is trying to keep himself composed... And the weird part is, I am enjoying every single second of it

A newfound euphoric feeling builds through me, rising to the top where it erupts like a volcano before cascading its way down to my aching core. Just like that, all my inhibitions completely crumble under the weight of my pulsing glory.

Slowly, I crawl my way across the table, trampling over silverware, only stopping once our noses are only inches apart. He sucks in a shaky breath as he stares down at my lips, his shoulders trembling.

"What did you say again, the other night?" I whisper blowing lightly against his mouth. He swallows in response before ticking his jaw. I smile at his uneasiness as I continue.

"That you liked...watching me quiver in your hands?" I taunt throwing his own words back at him. "Well, I keep a secret that I must confess", I continue, bringing my lips to his ear. "I too, enjoy watching you quiver for me" I purr, before pulling back and biting my drunken lips.

His eyes darken to a violet hue as they drill into mine. I knew no matter how much he wanted to, Valentine couldn't bed me because of The Fate's sacred ordinances strictly forbidding copulation between a Lord and a mortal. But this only eggs me on.

Smiling, I reach out and place my hand firmly against his pectoral. Slightly clawing my nails into his shirt, I take my time tracing a steady path all along his chest, carefully dragging it down the length of his torso. I go further, and further...and further... until he gruffly interrupts me.

"You are playing a very dangerous game" he grits tightly as the air chills a few more degrees. "Aww, is the pressure too much for you Mr. Thunder?" I taunt again brushing my lips along the length of his smooth jaw. Tracing little circles with the tip of my tongue, I bite down on his skin before lightly sucking on the soft surface.

Groaning, he reaches up and clutches my neck.

"I said don't." he commands again releasing his grip on my throat and scooting himself back. "You've had too much ambrosia. Your mind isn't clear" he breathes heavily, more so like he's convincing himself. Rising from his chair, he carefully scoops me up from the table, and takes me into his arms. I continue to stare up at his horrendously beautiful face as holds me, peering down at my now sweaty forehead.

"Oh, Valentine. Why do you have to be so chaotic and destructive all the time." I sigh snuggling up against his chest as he sighs, carrying me out of the dining room and lulling me upstairs.

Moments later, I feel him gently placing me down onto the soft mattress before tucking the heavy duvet around my body. "You'll feel better in the morning", he whispers to me, apologetically. As he turns to leave, I reach out and clutch onto his sleeve.

"Stay" I plead as the 'warm fuzzy feeling' from earlier morphs into an overwhelming void of nausea.

"Please" I whisper again into the dark.

The bed dips as he wastes no time climbing in right beside me. His usually triggering scent is now a soothing comfort. I nestle into his hold, and his touch instantly banishes the sick feeling that had been climbing its way through my gut.

My shoulders relax, as I feel a gentle wave of sleep finally wash over me. My heavy eyelids close as Valentine mutters something.

"Your eyes. The first thing I noticed were your eyes. Like two glistening gems, they pulled me into their vortex, captivating me instantly" he breathes in response to my question from earlier, while caressing my face in the dark.

But all I hear is the soft, beating rhythm of his heart as a deep sleep takes hold of me.