You're The One I Follow.

🎼 🖤

It has been yet another week since I've seen Hades. I've been 'under confinement' since the incident after the garden.
      In all honesty though, Hades' uncontrollable mood switches had been wearing me out so much, that I hadn't even minded the break this time.

After having decided to stop stressing myself over his bizarre behavior, I have instead shifted my focus into to trying to retrieve some parts of my prior life...before being married.

As usual, nothing came up. My memory was just...blank. As if I just...

      popped up...existed.

I shake my head and draw my memory back to the chains adjourning that forbidden door Hades had walked us past last week as he was bringing me out to the garden.
I couldn't help but wonder that whatever was behind that door, could hold at least some answers to whatever was going on.

Still being under orders not to leave my chambers, I have spent the larger part of my days aimlessly wondering about, trying to devise a plan to break into his office.
Suddenly, my body stills as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. When I reach a hand out to touch the glass, a sudden and sharp headache envelops me.

Instantly, I clutch onto my hair tightly, in pain, as my eyes involuntarily roll to the back of my head.

Overcome by a piercing numbness, I force them shut. Instead of darkness, however, I am met with a vision:

A pair of vibrant-purple, striking eyes staring down at me, submerge me in an overwhelming sense of nostalgia.
    They rest on a strong, chiseled face. A wild mess of white hair illuminated by white sparks of buzzing electricity, fizz around the face.

There is a hint of a melancholic expression beholding the stranger as his eyes slowly begin to fade between different shades of blue and purple.
As I continue to study the face in a desperate attempt to place my familiarity, the lips begin to move.

No noise comes from them however, I narrow my eyes in focus, in an attempt to read and decipher their movements.

I feel myself being pulled out of my vision as the face begins to glitch. I catch the last few mouthings, before the figure completely vanishes, leaving in its wake; darkness.

When the numbing pain subsides enough to allow me to peel my eyes open, I find myself on the floor. I pull my hands away from their tight grip on my head and glance around in confusion.

Just then, the doors to the chambers bust open and a worried-looking Hades comes rushing in.
He swiftly crosses the room and is bent down over me in seconds. He studies me closely as he takes me in his arms and gently raises me from the ground and onto the bed.

"Are you okay?", he asks after surveying me for a long while.

"I-I think so", I answer, though it comes out more like a question.

"What happened?", he questions more pressingly.

My brows furrow deeply as I recall the details of the extremely weird vision. The thing, that shakes me even more than the familiarity, is the message I had read from those lips.

I look up at Hades.

      The uncanny resemblance between him and the figure from my vision, sends my stomach into somersaults.

      Who was he?

The mysterious figure and Hades both share the exact same stoic features.
I furrow my brows even deeper, as I focus on the small black, ever-moving bolt permanently situated under his right eye.

That mark... the hair...the eyes.

      Though they looked like replicas, They were so different...Too different.

There is no doubt in me, that the figure from my vision was definitely not Hades.

This realization troubles me. Not because of the fact that I was apparently 'married' to Hades; but because of what that figure had tried to tell me.

I kept running it over and over through my mind, in a desperate attempt to make sense of it...

That phrase...

    'I will find you, Papillon'.

....'Papillon'....

   Where have I heard this before?