Drown.

For full experience, readers are encouraged to read with the music.

Gasping for air, I emerge from under the warm, fragrant water. My tangled braids press against my body, and I have to grip the sides of the large tub to steady myself.

I am a mix of indescribable emotions: Heartbroken. Furious. Hurt. But most of all, I feel stupid. Very, very stupid. It seems these days I was less in charge of my own destiny. All I wanted was a normal life. A happy one. Somehow, I got mixed into a whirlwind of madness from which I fear I'd never be able to evade.

After taking another long minute to compose and file my thoughts, I finally hoist myself out of the basin and drain the water. Dammit, I curse myself realizing I've forgotten to bring a towel with me into the washing room. Grabbing the nearest washcloth, I trudge over to the mirror resting against the wall, just underneath the four-paneled window that exposed a glimpse into the central courtyard.

Gazing into the reflective surface, I notice the sparse cloth I am currently clutching to my torso does absolutely nothing to conceal any of my exposed nether regions. The waterdrops idling on my glistening walnut skin, glimmer under the wavering glares streaming through the window.

As I battle the cloud of emotions threatening to resurface, my mood takes yet another dip. I feel like a speeding vehicle, steadily approaching a catastrophic breaking point, with no way to stop myself. No hope, and no brakes. Just a jammed accelerator waiting to be welcomed into the sweet embrace of oblivion.

I give my body one last sullen glance in the mirror prior to heading back out into the chamber. Before I thrust through the door, I gently poke my head out first to ensure I am still alone. Once I've made sure the coast is completely clear, I rapidly dash over to the large dresser, while still hugging the slim washcloth to my chest.

Gently tugging out the first drawer, I am surprised to find everything still in the same exact condition I had left them in; completely untouched. Well almost everything... If memory serves, there seems to be one very important article missing from my collection of items...A certain lacy, red undergarment...

I let my hands brush over the rest of the fabrics as years' worth of memories come rushing back to me at once...Once I settle on the most comfortable gown, I allow the smooth material to drape itself over my head and down my frame, losing the small towel in the process. As if on cue, the overpowering scent of lavender-rain fills the room.

Huffing out in annoyance, I feign oblivious to his presence, opting for instead adjusting the robe to cover my body. Not caring that though unintentionally, I was still giving him a show. I continue to rummage through the drawer, pointlessly sifting through my belongings to occupy myself and give him a chance to announce himself. When the silence finally becomes unbearable, I speak.

"I know you're comfortable with marking people without their consent, but do you think you could at least grant me the privacy of a knocking system?"

Nonchalantly, I continue to scour through my items, glancing at him in between movements to process his reaction. At this, he simply smirks as he struts over to the bed before plopping himself down onto the plush mattress. Crossing his hands behind his head, he exhales then redirects his attention to me.

His playfully unbothered demeanor causes me to scoff aloud. He actually has the nerve to be in a playful mood today. It must be the regular after killing someone and kidnapping another. This man will never cease to amaze me. I would think he'd at least display an ounce of remorse or sympathy for the family that would probably be identifying their son's defaced body right about now.

Interrupting my furious thoughts, he proudly asserts. "A man doesn't knock in his own Kingdom, let alone his own house." Showing me his wicked, bright teeth, he then jokingly adds: "And well, when you put it like that...Yes. I guess you could say those are among the things that make me happiest. Killing and kidnapping."

At this, my shoulders tense and I cease my rummaging. "Well, I'm glad you find it so amusing. You know, I too find it terribly comical that I can't even have my own thoughts to myself anymore." I direct to him.

"Have you ever thought about what I want? How maybe this just wasn't the life I wanted to live anymore?" I question fully turning to face him.

A dark shadow passes over his features, quickly taking the place of his once smug regard.

"And so, you instead, decided to throw away everything we've worked so hard to build. Not once did you pause to consider all the sacrifices I've made, just to be with you. Tell me. Have you ever thought about that?" he rasps all too calmly.

"Because you scare me! Just look at what happens when you don't get your way!" I seethe, exposing my tagged collarbone for him to see.

His gaze further darkens as his faint aurora temporarily flares up into a bright hue, the temperature dropping as he struggles to contain his anger. A loud roll of thunder echoes over the castle before he briskly regains ahold of his temper. He runs his hand in a frustrated pass through his snowy tresses before exhaling.

Case in point... I gulp to myself, shaken.