Who.

For full experience, readers are encouraged to PLEASE read with the music.

My eyes flutter open as I take in the beautiful rays of sunlight filtering through the grand windows. A long yawn escapes me as I survey the deep-cerulean walls.

I am not in my chamber, I take notice as I observe the crystal-glass ceiling, and the heavy, indigo drapes pulled past the window's frames.

Valentine's room.

Peering down at the soft duvet snuggly wrapped around me, I move to run my fingers along its soft fabric, but tangled into it is a pale arm, casually idling over my torso. Cutting my reverie short, the memories from last night and the day before rush back to me all at once. I release a heavy, distressed sigh as I stir under the covers, shifting to face him.

His eyes are closed, and his chest follows a steady rhythm, slowly rising and falling as he dozes off. Though he sleeps peacefully, his expression is troubled. Deeply so. His brows crease a bit, but he doesn't move.

As I lay here watching him rest, a tornado of questions circle about in my mind as I try to come up with possible explanations for yesterday's events. No one is chasing you, I recall Valentine's words again as my thoughts flick back to the sight of the old man being crushed to his knees in the middle of the town. I wonder what ended up happening to him. The glaze in his disgusted features as he menaced me- I was so sure it wasn't of his own conscious doing. Something had been very off. Everything had been very off. He had to have been bewitched by someone. Someone very, very powerful.

I shudder as the thoughts remind me of my terrifying dream. Just thinking about it makes me want to crawl into a hole and hide forever.

"He sustained a few...injuries, but other than that he is fine. He is being treated in the infirmary downstairs. Once he is well enough, we will hold a meeting and you will decide what to do with him" utters Valentine at my side.

I tune back out of my thoughts and turn to meet his glacial regard fastened to my face. His arms still rest around me, and a pool of relief washes down my shoulders at the news. Good. I don't think I could eat again knowing that the last I had seen of the greybeard, had been the end of his story.

When I move to get up, he tightens his embrace around me, trapping me between his chest and arm. My back pressed flush to him, I angle my head up to shoot him a curious glance. When he doesn't budge, I start: "Valentine I'm fine now, the pain-" but he cuts me off.

"Yesterday...when you woke up yelling...what did you see? Who did you see?"

Uneasiness settles in and I look for something to fidget with. "How did you know I-" I try but he cuts me off again.

"Just. Answer my question. It's important. I think someone is trying to get to me, and I fear they may be trying to do it through you. When I saw the way you screamed..." he hesitates before continuing. "It...it worried me. So after you fell asleep, I went to speak with Ares about it. We think it may be related to yesterday's attack."

Fumbling with the sheets, I try avoiding the subject: "I don't see why that matters. It was only a silly nightmare... nothing more". Clasping my chin with his other hand, he moves my head up to face him, pressing the back of my scalp into his torso and leaving my hair sprawling against his chest. A swift breeze tiptoes across my exposed neck and I am forced to stare back up into his burning gaze as warmth spreads through my core.

"Lillith." he warns. His frown deepens as he continues to press for a response. "I really don't want to talk about this" I say, trying once more to move from his grip. Refusing to budge, he challenges me with a cold glare.

I won't ask you again; he warns sternly, this time his voice is coming from the deep reaches of my brain. Beads of sweat form on my forehead as I shut my eyes. Please, I don't even want to think his name. I just want to forget it. Please.

After a prolonged moment of absolute silence, I peel my eyelids back. Valentine's eyes grow distant as his face contorts in realization. Somehow, he already knows. His grip on me loosens and he clenches his jaw. The next thing he murmurs pulls the ground from beneath me and sends my stomach into somersaults:

"Hades."