Vice. (pt.3)

I don't even know where to start. The now familiar tugging sensation in my gut returns.
I try to give myself a minute to fully process the information.

"A mortal love?"...
"Two heirs?"...
I repeat to myself aloud.

   This page...the dress...the tiara...my visions and dreams...the pomegranate seeds...

    Things were very slowly coming into place.
Though I had many more questions buzzing about my mind, there was now ONE thing I knew for certain:

    This was no kingdom.

Whatever fairy tale I was sucked into was a big fat lie. Something truly dangerous was going on.

   Something much bigger than some petty chivalry.

Slipping the scroll into my dress as well, I give the room one last glance before exiting the cove.
After restoring the lock on the door, I return to the bed and breathe out a long, heavy sigh.
As I lay there awaiting whatever was coming next, there is one line from the text in particular, that keeps echoing through my mind over and over again:

     A mortal love forbidden so,
     Will torment both and fester foe.

     Torment BOTH...

If this text truly is a prophecy, then this could only mean one thing...

...I am much more familiar with the man from my dreams, than I think....Which would also lead to the real reason why I was here.

I must've been up thinking for hours when suddenly, I hear sharp footsteps echoing down the hall. The steps get louder and finally stop right outside of the door.
After a brief pause, I hear a loud knock.

"It's me", comes Hade's voice from the other side of the door.

Unsure of what to do, I resort to feigning sleep. I shut my eyes and lie as still as I can.

"I'm coming in", he proclaims before opening the door and entering the infirmary.
      A stream of dim lights filter in from the doorway and illuminate the room. I continue to act asleep.

      Apparently, that doesn't fool him.

     He slowly walks over to the bed and grips my chin in his strong hand.

      "I know you are awake", he whispers into my ear, his warm breath tickling my neck.

      Crap....Act natural, I tell myself.

      I peel my eyes open and come face to face with his pale-grey eyes.

      He stares at me for a moment longer before feeling my forehead with the back of his hand.
      I say nothing as I study his face, stomaching the urge to panic.

     "Pomegranates, huh?", he sullenly mocks, exhaling. He suddenly buries his face into my neck.

      "I almost lost you", he lets out slightly wavering as his hand finds mine.
      Caressing my fingers, he peers at me and urges:

      "Say something"

       When I don't, he stops comforting me and slowly rises back up. His gaze turns colder and colder at my absence of words. Some time passes.

      "Very well Highness", he affirms, a little less politely.

      He lets go of my hand completely and starts pacing around the room.