Mute.

For the full experience, please enjoy with the music provided.

The following afternoon, I make my usual rounds in the garden. Once again, the sun is out, and the air is a warm blanket of comfort. It caresses my skin as I stroll through a row of rose beds. I make careful work to avoid the thorny stems as I continue my walk along the paved paths, running my fingers along the soft and leathery tips of the flush petals.

Today, I've brought no book-opting to instead enjoy the pleasant rays emanating from the scorching sun. Hades has joined me under the pretense of 'supervision'. In all honesty, I strongly believed he simply wanted to be in close proximity to me. This didn't quite bother me at all as I too, deep down, reveled in the way the hairs on my neck stood up every time he held his translucent gaze to mine.

Today though, feels slightly different. A hollowing quiet fills the void instead of the usual buzz of the underworld creatures. As the unnatural silence reverberates throughout the rose beds, my instincts begin to perk in curiosity and concern. An eerie feeling slowly creeps its way along my spine and I can't help but wonder why the air was suddenly feeling cold.

Conversation is curt, so I can tell Hades is in no mood to socialize today and it seems the kingdom adjusted to match his mood. Feeling no need to contribute to whatever woes were currently weighing him down, I gather a few stems of the lush roses before empathetically suggesting we head back inside for the evening. He nods curtly in response and we make our way back through the rose-fields and retreat into the tower.

I study him from the corner of my eyes as he walks me back down the corridor without uttering a single word. When we reach the room, he opens the door for me. I walk in and turn to face him. "Goodnight", he mutters sternly as he turns to leave. I quickly grab onto his arm and tug him to face me.

"You know, I can't help you if you won't let me in" I press, looking him square in the eye.

He returns a slightly surprised glance at my grip around him but doesn't utter a single word. I allow my hold to tighten in both reassurance and persistence. 

Still though, he says nothing. "You do realize that a relationship works both ways. A kin to a conversation. Usually when someone offers support, that typically warrants a response of some sort? " I snap carefully raising my tone, frustration slowly consuming me at his lack of reaction.

"We're not doing this tonight. Get into bed and go to sleep." he rasps into the air between us as his gaze shifts between mine and my fingers clasped around his muscle. 

Now this, causes me to release an exaggerated scoff. I am so taken aback by his reaction that I don't even have time to process my next words before they stream out in a furious blur.

"I will NOT. You do not get to talk to me like that. If it please you, go round up the entire village and spank everyone for my backtalk. Watch the way you speak to me. I won't go anywhere or do anything until you start giving me both the answers and the respect I deserve." I burst, my fists now balled at my sides in a frenzied display.

His storm-grey pupils darken as his jaw ticks. I can feel the electricity radiating off of him and consuming the air around us.

The next thing he does though, completely throws me off.