ˢⁱˣᵗᵉᵉⁿ ✓

Remember,
After a long day ends
And another day starts
It'll be a different day from yesterday.

Even if everything changes
Don't forget
I will be right by your side.

~ Imraan.

■■■

Once the wedding was completed, the newlyweds were seated next to each other.

Putting a veil on their head, one of Ayana's cousins put a mirror between them and then asked teasingly,
"Imraan bhai, what do you see in the mirror?"

"My Noorani (bright/luminous) handsome face."
Proudly Imraan replied, making Sherebano Quraish slap his shoulder lightly whereas others laughed.

Ayana who was lost in her thoughts, hearing Imraan's response couldn't help but roll her eyes which didn't go unnoticed by Imraan.

"Come on, bhai. Tell us how our Api is looking?"

Imraan looked at the mirror on his and Ayana's reflection and at the same time, Ayana also looked there. Their eyes met briefly in the mirror before Ayana looked away awkwardly.

"Well... of course, she'll look pretty,"
Indicating himself, Imraan replied making everyone crack up.
"After all she's sitting beside the most handsome man."

"Why do I have the urge to hit him?"
Ayyan, who was standing beside Ayana, mumbled.

"Do it. I might join you."
Hearing his brother, Ayana mumbled back, eyeing Imraan who was sitting beside her with a smug look.

♧♧♧

At the time of farewell, before Ayana could go to the elders to ask for the blessing, Ayyan engulfed his sister while crying.
"I'll miss you."

He was being overly emotional.

"Le...leave me... can...can't bre...breath."
Somehow Ayana managed to say. Although the siblings always cared for each other, they never were really vocal about it. And now Ayyan's sudden affection was a bit too much for everyone, including Ayana, to digest.

"Ayyan!!!"
Reeha whispered, trying to separate the siblings.
"You are going to choke her."

"Oh sorry."
Realizing his grip was too tight, Ayyan quickly released her.
"I'm just... it's too overwhelming."
Saying he was again about to tear up when Ayana spoke.

"Stop! People might start to think you are mourning over my death."
Gritting her teeth, Ayana spoke clearly embarrassed at her brother's antics.

"Reeha!"
Looking at Reeha, Ayana added.
"Take him away before he embarrasses us more."

Reeha, who was on the verge of leaving the hall in embarrassment, nodded readily before dragging a crying Ayyan away.

Once they went away, the newlyweds went to take blessing from Mr. Hakim Quraish, Azeen's father.
"Married life is an adventure, and you embark today on that adventure together. Hope your journey towards this new adventure becomes both exciting and peaceful."

"Ameen."
The couple nodded before going towards Sherebano Quraish.

"Both of you have no idea how happy I'm to see you two together."
Sherebano Quraish said with tears in her eyes. She always wanted to see Imraan settle down.