ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗᵉᵉⁿ✓

Just like the passing sunset
Memories of being immature and innocent
Keeps on flooding my mind.

They make me stop in place
And draw out the days in my memory

With the sound of the raindrops as my companion
I used to fall asleep during those happy times.
But ironically, now I'm thinking about those days
With nothing but tears.

Although the dreams of my first love are far away now,
But my heart is still the same.

~ Imraan.

■■■

"Do I really need to be here?"
Eyeing the corridor of the Malik Mansion which was decorated with long strings of yellow and orange marigolds, Imraan asked nervously.

Today was the Mehendi (henna) function which was held at Malik Mansion. As it was the Mehendi function so the boys weren't allowed. Well, boys except for the bride's father, Mr. Malik.

"Of course! You are the most important person here."
Ayyan replied seriously.
"Because of you, we came in the first place."

"Oh really? I thought you both practically kidnapped me from my home just so you both can use me as an excuse to meet your respective wives."
With a tight smile, Imraan taunted.

"Of course not! Just like it's Ms. Ayana's Mehendi function, similarly it's also your function. But they,"
Fawad explained seriously although whatever Imraan said was true.
"They are only enjoying themselves. And here, you..."

"Poor you have to suffer at home alone."
Dramatically Fawad said whereas Ayyan nodded.

"I wasn't suffering there. In fact, I was happily watching Netflix until you two came and..."
Eyeing his state, Imraan whispered the last part.
"forced me to come here only to suffer like this."
The trio was currently hiding in the bushes.

In the vacant Villa, Imraan was chilling when Fawad and Ayyan came. They wanted to be a part of the function more specifically, they wanted to be with their dear wives.

Being recently reconciled with his wife, Fawad just wanted a chance to spend as much time as possible with Azeen whereas Ayyan wanted an opportunity to apologize to Reeha for lying to her. And this Mehendi function was the best opportunity for them. So they went to Quraish Villa to pick Imraan up to use him as a scapegoat. Because even if they get caught by anyone, if they have Imraan with them, then instead of yelling at them, the elders will tease Imraan.

And for this reason, even after Imraan's constant rejection, they almost forcefully took him with them.

"Look, there's still time. Let's head back, okay?"
Imraan tried to convince others.
"Moreover, what if we get caught? Gosh! It'll be so embarrassing."

"Trust me. It won't be more embarrassing than mine's."
Remember the way he was caught by his mother-in-law while going to meet Reeha in her home, Ayyan said in a small voice.

Fawad knowingly snickered whereas Imraan confusedly looked at him.
"What do you-"

"Let's not waste any time talking. There's no one at the entrance. It's the right time to enter."
Cutting Imraan off, Fawad said.