ᶠᵒʳᵗʸ ᵗʷᵒ✓

I don't know when it started
But my days are all about you now
It's you
Precious days that were colored with you
The way you talk, your face, your eyes,
I miss them all

Moments that are warm as the sunshine
You alone were enough for me,
When things were hard for no reason
I remember how you held my hand
I realized that my days without you have no meaning

Though I'm afraid of this place without you
At the end of my wait, I hope you'll be standing there
As I cherish all the gift-like memories
Just like our very first meeting.

And now I can't help
But hope that my heart reaches you.

~ Imraan.

■■■

"I'm going to the hospital."
Ayana announced while wearing her shoes.

"Hmm."
Without removing his eyes from his laptop Imraan simply nodded.

This morning he received another rejection mail from one of the companies he sent his resume to. What frustrated him wasn't the rejection mail rather the reason for rejecting him. According to them, he was overqualified to be a mere employee. What kind of reason was that?

"The breakfast is on the table. Heat it up before having it."
Ayana voiced out bringing him out of his thoughts.

"Hm."

"Imraan, close the door."
Sensing his lack of response, Ayana sighed.

Last night they had a mini fight. Hearing the condition of Imraan from Ayana, without discussing with her first, Rayyan proposed Imraan to work for his company which eventually hurt Imraan's ego. Of course he wanted a job but on his capability not because of his mere connection with the Malik's. Imraan assumed Ayana convinced her brother to make the offer to him and with this misunderstanding the couple had a small fight yesterday.

Without saying anything, Imraan simply got up to lock the door.
"Don't forget to drink water and get some sun."
Ayana spoke looking at his pale and tired face.
"You have basically become a houseplant with more complicated emotions."

"Okay. Allah Hafiz!"
He blankly spoke before closing the door.

Mentally taking a note, to talk with him after coming back Ayana turned around to leave when she bumped into their neighbor, Mrs. Rehman.
"Assalamualaikum!"
Ayana greeted.

"Waalaikumussalam! Good that I met you here."
Mrs. Rehman said, indicating about her teenage daughter, Fahia.
"Fahia suddenly got a cold today. So I don't think she will be able to come today."

"Hope the cold isn't severe."
Ayana asked to which Mrs. Rehman nodded.
"It's just a mild cold. Nothing serious. I bet it's just an excuse to escape today's tuition."

Ayana simply smiled. Fahia was a mischievous and bold tenth grader. Last week when Mrs. Rehman shared her concern for her daughter whose board exam was coming soon , Ayana, seeing it as an opportunity to divert Imraan's mind and suggest Imraan to tutor Fahia. Although at first Imraan opposed the idea, he eventually listened to his wife. Ayana remembered the incident when Fahia came over to their apartment for the first time.

Flashback Starts

The bell rang indicating that Mrs. Rehman with her daughter came. Ayana, who was busy making snacks for the guests, asked Imraan to open the door.