ᶠᵒʳᵗʸ ✓

I'm lost, far away
I'm wandering,
Looking for myself again all day
I ask the sky,
Shadowed by the sun
Where do I have to go?

Past the countless stars
Memories are asleep here
When will I be able to wake up?
When will I find the way out
I wanna know, let me know
Tears smudge like paint
Is there even an end?

Then I open my eyes and the
Dazzling sunlight comes through my window
Like a dream I see you standing right there.
The difficult memories slowly
Starts to get erased
Along with the crying days
As you wipe the unpleasant memory
With your dazzling smile.

I waited endless days
I held myself in but now seeing you there
I let myself go
As i realized I found the way
That I once lost.
As I realized that if there is you
Then everything will change
even the sad days.

~ Imraan.

♧♧♧

"Have you lost your mind?"
Barging inside, Azeen angrily spoke to her cousin who was searching for something in the topmost self of the cabinet.
"How could you take such a big decision without consulting with any of us?"

Ignoring her, Imraan continued to search. Finally when he found it, he double checked it before placing it on his desk.

"I'm talking to you! Stop ignoring me!"
Frustrated at his lack of response, Azeen semi yelled.

"What do you want?"
Blankly Imraan looked at her.

" 'What do I want?' After the show you put on in the board meeting, how could you be so unbothered?"
Azeen looked at him in disbelief.
"Without discussing with any of us, how could you simply announce at such a crucial place like the board meeting that you are resigning from the CEO position."

"What were you thinking announcing something so outrageous there?"
Azeen added.

In the morning, they had a board meeting and there without any prior hint, in front of all the investors Imraan announced that he will be leaving the Quraish Enterprise. All the board members, including Mr. Hakim and Badar Quraish were too shocked to say anything. After hearing the news, from her department Azeen quickly ran to Imraan's cabin leading to this argument.

"What's so outrageous about the news? I never intended on taking the CEO position. Your father practically made me take the position."
Imraan asked back as calmly as possible.
"Moreover, why are you getting riled up when you should be relieved by this news?"

"What?"

"Why? Am I saying anything wrong? You always wanted the CEO position and I'm now leaving so automatically you'll get the position. You should be happy and relieved."
Imraan stated.
"In fact, why are you standing here when you should be celebrating at this moment."

"Are you being sarcastic with me?"
Furiously Azeen spoke.
"How could you say something like this?"

"Yes, I wanted the CEO position but that was a long time back. After seeing you doing such a perfect job as the CEO of the company, I never for once wished to take the position from you."
She added truthfully.
"And I certainly don't want you to leave the company."