ᶠⁱᶠᵗʸ ᵗʷᵒ ✓

You embraced even my lost feelings
Helping me get up from being broken
I promised not to let go of your hand, which I'm holding tightly.
But now everything has started to disappear.
As if I dreamed a dream.
Good memories are also fading.
This street we walked on together and your scent.
Now it feels so unreal.
Promises we made together,
I don't even remember anymore.
Why can't I wake up from this heart aching dream?
I can't sleep through the night, everything is unreal.
I'm so scared that I'll find out that this isn't a dream.

■■■

The hospital's sterile corridors were buzzing with bustle as doctors and nurses ran from one room to another, attending to patients in need. There was frequent tension in the air, but the fluorescent lights overhead created a chilly, unwelcoming glow that did little to lessen it. Azeen entered the hospital hastily after receiving a call from her father. Her heart was racing with fear and anxiety as she went towards the information desk, her hasty footsteps echoing in the hallway.

However, on her way, she spotted Mrs. Quraish and without delay, she ran to her aunt, who was sitting in the hospital waiting area with her hands clasped tightly, a picture of anxiety and worry. The Malik family was also present there.

"Chachi,"
Azeen said gently, placing a hand on Mrs. Quraish's trembling shoulder.

Tears welled up in Mrs. Quraish's eyes as she looked at Azeen.
"I can't believe this,"
Mrs. Quraish whispered, her voice quivering.
"Ayana..."

Just then one of the nurses approached the Malik family.
"One of you has to come to identify the body."

Azeen's heart skipped a beat as the nurse's words hung in the air. The weight of her statement settled heavily upon the Malik family, casting a somber pall over them. A sense of dread washed over Azeen as the reality of the situation sank in.

Rayyan stood up with a determined yet trembling expression.

"I'll do it."
His face was etched with worry lines, and his eyes reflected the fear of what he might have to face.

Azeen couldn't help but clutch her aunt's hand tightly, her anxiety intensifying with each passing moment.

Flashback starts

"I choose to be a monster,"
Ayana declared, her voice chillingly composed.
"After all, they say it takes a monster to defeat another."

Zafar's eyes widened in shock as he stared at Ayana, the gun she held steady in her hand now a symbol of her resolve. Her words hung heavy in the air, a stark contrast to the quiet forest around them.

"You... you wouldn't,"
Zafar stammered, his arrogance faltering in the face of Ayana's newfound determination.

Ayana's expression remained unyielding, and she took a step closer, never wavering as she continued to point the gun at him.
"I've spent too long being your victim, Zafar. It's time for this to end, one way or another."

Suddenly Zafar started laughing. His laughter echoed through the forest, a cruel and mirthless sound. His eyes glinted with a twisted amusement as he mocked her.
"Oh, sweetheart, you, the person who saves lives will kill me?"