ᵗʰⁱʳᵗʸ ᶠᵒᵘʳ ✓

When you hugged me
I learned warmth
When you watched over my eyes
I learned that I'm precious.
When you approached me
I was shaking
When you said those words
I learned my life's purpose.

The light that crosses you
The shadow that embraces me
It's all getting blurry
It's all getting cloudy
Coming closer to me.

Although we sing two melodies
In the same place right now,
I know we will find a way
Somewhere we both belong.
Because now I have realized that
Without you,
I can't live.

~ Ayana Malik.

■■■

The sun poured through the window falling on Ayana's face making her wake up from her deep slumber. Half-conscious, she wriggled her arm free and slapped at the bedside table, searching for her phone, as her head felt extremely heavy. Her knuckles knocked against something, her mobile as it fell on the ground. With a groan, she carefully got up with her throbbing head. She felt like she was inside an egg being cracked with a silver spoon, light burst across her vision, slashing her retinas. She recoiled from it, hissing, as she raised her hand to shade her watering eyes. All she could see was light, like a scalding yellow sun. She blinked a couple of times to adjust to the sunlight and once she did, she carefully picked up her phone and saw the time.

11:45 am.

'Did I sleep for that long?'
She thought while massaging her temple when her eyes fell on the glass of avocado juice that was neatly kept on the table. Under the glass, a small piece of paper was lying. Taking the glass of juice in one hand and the paper in the other, Ayana read it.

Good Morning, princess!

Ayana read with a frown. She could practically imagine Imraan calling her 'princess' in his infamous sarcastic tone.

Hope you slept well after creating all the mess yesterday.

'Mess? What mess? What happened yesterday?'
Confusedly Ayana thought.
'Why can't I remember anything?'

Don't think much about yesterday. It's not like you'll remember it magically.

Ayana's frown deepened.

Anyways, you must be having a headache.

She nodded before finishing the juice.

Drink the juice kept on the bedside table. It'll help to reduce the headache.

And about your current clothes,

"What clothes-"
Immediately Ayana's eyes went to her outfit as a mini scream left her mouth.
"-Ahhhhh! Why am I in his- Did we- Ahhhhh!"

Putting a hand on her heart in an attempt to calm down she continued to read.

Hey! Stop screaming like a mad woman!

Ayana's eyes widened.