ᵗʷᵉⁿᵗʸ ✓

Even if they ignore it
Their heart can't ignore it.
It's racing even more.

Even if they make a clueless face
And try to avoid each other eyes,
Even if they indifferently flash
Their smile at each other
Even if it seems like
There is no meaning
All of this is something special.

It's all a signal
A signal which now they might try to deny
But in the end,
They'll eventually have to accept it.

Their selfless feelings
For each other.

■■■

"Ayana, my dear!"
Spotting Ayana standing outside of the operation theater, Mr. and Mrs.Malik went towards their daughter.

"Dad! Mom!"
Ayana cried out.

"Imraan... mid night... jeep... attack... bhai... lift..."
Ayana sobbed.

"Sit here."
Making her sit on the nearby chair, Mr. Malik sat beside her daughter.
"How did all this happen?"

"While coming back..."
Ayana gulped before starting,
"S-suddenly a few peo-people came in a jeep and-and attacked our car."

"I don't k-know who t-they were but-but I th-think Imr-Imraan knew them."
Ayana's lips trembled as she continued.

Mrs. Malik rubbed her daughter's back.
"H-He told me to s-stay in the car and then-then he went outside. Th-they were talking but then suddenly Imraan grabbed th-that man's collar and then those goons- they started to beat-beat him."

Ayana broke into tears as the flashback of Imraan getting hit came to her mind.
"Dad, I-I... watched him... getting beat- Mom, I..."

"Ayana-"

"He was... he was in a pool of blood, Mom! He was..."
Ayana wailed.
"I couldn't... stop them, Dad. I couldn't."

"Ayana, my dear, stop crying."
Mr. Malik's eyes teared up seeing his daughter's condition.

"If bhai... wasn't there at that-that time then I don't know... I don't know what I would have do-done."

After Kerim and his goons left Imraan in a pool of blood, Ayana didn't know what to do. There was no network nor anyone was there. Ayana tried everything she could do. From screaming for help to praying to Allah. Fortunately, Rayyan, who had some work in that area while driving back home spotted them and immediately with the help of Ayana put an unconscious bloody Imraan in his car before driving them to the hospital.

"Honey, you can't fall weak like this."
Mrs. Malik wiped her tears which stubbornly resisted to stop falling down.
"You need to be strong. You need to be strong for Imraan."

"I'm s-scared, Mom. I'm scared. I'm so scared."
Hiccuping, Ayana looked at her father.
"Imraan... he-he'll be fi-fine, right?"

"Of course! Of course, my precious daughter."
Mr. Malik hugged her while praying for his son-in-law's health.
"Of course, he'll be fine. He's a strong man. He'll be fine. He'll have to be fine."

A couple of minutes later, Sherebano Quraish with Mr. Hakim Quraish came running into the hospital.

Ayana detached herself from her father before going toward her in-laws.