ᵗʰⁱʳᵗʸ ᵒⁿᵉ ✓

Days he was endlessly wandering
All the scars and regrets
That he was uselessly hanging on to
Dreams that he can't even remember
It's like that sometimes
Where one longs for something
To the point where they forget
About the scars and pain

But now, those times are gone.
Cause now he learned to let it all go
Because he knew that it'll all pass.

Days that shined like the sunshine
All the heart-fluttering moments and memories,
Even the awkward yet genuine smiles will come back
Because now he wasn't alone.
He had her by his side
Making each day,
Each moment, precious.

■■■

"Salaam!"
With a slight nod, Imraan, who just came from jogging, greeted his father before walking upstairs.

"Such a dry greeting?"
Mr. Badar Quraish taunted making Imraan stop in his place briefly before resuming going upstairs.
"Even if you are not happy to see me, can't you at least not show it in front of the new daughter-in-law?"

Ayana, who was having breakfast, put her toast on the plate as the tension between the father and son increased.

"Badar!"
Mr. Hakim Quraish warned his younger brother not to create any unnecessary scenes.

"What, Hakim Bhai? Can't I even express my thoughts in the house now?"
While eating, Badar Quraish spoke.

Without saying anything, Hakim Quraish got up from the table before ordering one of the workers to take his breakfast in his room.

"Gosh! Why's everyone hell-bent on embarrassing me in front of the new member of the family?!"
Throwing the half-eaten bread on the plate, Badar Quraish murmured, loud enough for Ayana to hear.

Then getting up, he said to Ayana before leaving the dining hall.
"Tell your husband to meet me once he's done having his breakfast."

♧♧♧

"Your breakfast!"
Once Imraan got out of the washroom taking a shower, fully ready to go to the office, Ayana said, placing the plate on the nearby table.

"Thanks."
Grabbing the plate, Imraan mumbled. He has been exceptionally quiet since last night, after his father's sudden visit.

"Are you done packing?"
While eating, he asked.

"Yes, almost. Just a couple of more things to add."
Ayana informed to which Imraan nodded as he put the plate aside after finishing his breakfast.

Last week they were supposed to go to the US because of Imraan's work, but because of some problems with the contract, it was postponed.

"Erm..."

"What?"
Seeing her hesitating, he looked at her.

"Baba... was asking for you."
Ayana hesitantly said.

Imraan sighed as if he was expecting it.
"Where's he now?"

"In his room."

"Alright."
Getting up, Imraan was about to walk out of the room when Ayana grabbed his hand, stopping him.

"I can... I can just tell him that you are not feeling well."

"Why will you lie?"
With a small smile, he bent towards her.
"Are you worried about me right now?"