𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡

Jude's POV:

I've been in Birmingham for the past two hours and Gabby doesn't know yet because I thought I'd spend time with my family before I surprised her. I just bought her flowers and I'm driving to her house right now. I'm so excited to see her, but I still feel nervous for some weird reason.

As I pull into her driveway and walk over to her door, and knock. After a minute someone answers, as soon as her eyes connect with mine she just jumps in my arms. We embrace each other with a long hug before we kiss. I don't want this moment to end. I want it to last forever. I want us to last forever.

"I missed you" she says softly as we pull away from each other.

"I missed you too love" I tell her I as I give her the flowers

"Are these for me?" She asks as a smile grows on her face

"Yes, and these are for your mom" I say as I show her the second bouquet of flowers in my hand.

"Aww, you didn't have to"

"I know but I wanted to"

She doesn't do anything other than just smile

"Come on in, mom's in the living room so you can give her these yourselves" she says as she let me inside

"Okay sure"

"Maman I'd like to introduce you to someone. Jude my mom Filomena, maman my boyfriend Jude."

"Hi nice to meet you" I say as she gives me a hug

"Nice to meet you too" she smiles

"Oh, these are for you" I tell her as I hand her the flowers

"Aww that is so sweet of you, thank you"

"Gabriela you never told me he was this handsome and a gentleman" she says while whispering but I still hear her

"Haha, thank you" I said feeling a bit embarrassed

"Im preparing dinner so I should go check on the food, but thank you for the flowers I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome"'I respond, feeling relieved

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Gabriela's POV:

Today is Christmas, a day I hate a lot. The day my father left. A day filled with sad memories. A day where my whole life changed.

Ever since my father left I've never enjoyed Christmas, it's just a day I hate celebrating because I remember how much it affected me. No one knows how much I really hate Christmas, when everyone around me is happy all I'm thinking about is the painful memory of my 3 year old brother begging our father to stay and mom and I in tears.

He was abusive to us both mentally and physically but it's still hurt a lot to know my own father was willing to abandon me, and a huge part of me is glad that he left because I didn't have to endure his abuse anymore but there's still a small part of me that wishes that he never left and instead turned to be a good person.