𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 ♡

Jude's POV:

Yesterday, the person I was once called the love of my life, was standing in front of me, but she felt like complete stranger. I wanted to hug her and have her tell me that everything would be okay, but I couldn't. Because she was the reason why my heart was hurting.

I know she thinks that us breaking up is good for both of us, but I still haven't moved on from her, and I don't think I ever will. She will always be my favourite person.

My family and I are currently in our living room opening our gifts, and I am too zoned out to notice mom handing me my gift.

I open it and it's a snow globe, and inside it is me doing a celebration after scoring a goal.

"Oh my gosh mom, this is amazing" I tell her, not taking my eyes off the gift.

"I knew you'd like it, you told me it was your favourite goal you've scored this year, so I wanted to make sure you could always look at it." Mum says as I shake the snow globe.

"Thank you. That's very thoughtful,I really love it." I tell her as I kiss her forehead.

We open more gifts, and Jobe gives me a vintage Zidane sweater, and a Ronaldo Nazário for our dad. I screamed like a little boy when I saw Jobe's gift for me.

After opening the gifts we relax and play board games. Like we usually do on Christmas.

Despite all the distractions around me, I still can't stop thinking about Gabs.

She's like an addictive drug, once you try it for the first time, you can't stop. And no matter how bad you want to quit, the drug is too addictive. And that's the case with Gabs, I can't stop thinking about her.

No matter how hard I try, she'll always be engraved in my mind and heart.

"Mum I'm heading out." I yell out, as I'm standing on the front door.

"When are you coming back?" Mum responds, all the way from the living room.

"I don't know, I'll let you know if I end up staying out too late" I say closing the door, without giving her a chance to respond.

I don't know where I am going but I just keep driving, I end up just driving for a while, before finally deciding to stop driving.

I end up at a place where Gabs and I shared so many memories together. I'm not surprised that I ended up here, because the only thing on my mind today has been l her the whole day.

I sit down and admire the dark winter sky, it's not too cold but not too warm either. Just the perfect winter weather.

I sit there for a good twenty minutes before hearing some movements. At first I'm not bothered by it, but I hear screams and it makes me curious to see who just ruined a very peaceful moment.

But I mostly want to see if the person is okay.

I walk towards the person, and the closer I get the more familiar their screams sound. But I can't tell who it is because of the dark. The person stops screaming, but they start crying.