𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Jude's POV:

Gabby is finally meeting my parents and Jobe today and I'm very nervous because their opinions are the only ones I care about, and I just want them to like her. The doorbell just rang and I immediately know it's Gabby, so I just hurry up and open it.

"Heyy" Gabby excitedly says before giving me a soft kiss

"Hi, you nervous?" I ask her

"Holy fuck of course I'm nervous as hell, because it's like meeting your parents and stuff"

"Well..I did that a few days ago and I survived, so you can do it too"

"Wow thank you Jude, you're so inspirational"
she sarcastically says with a smile on her face

"I know right, sometimes I think I should quit football and become a motivational speaker" I say returning the sarcasm

"No please don't, you're terrible at that"

"Good to know you won't be supportive" I say as I roll my eyes

She just laughs and ignores what I just said

"Anyways, let's do this" she says as she holds my arm

We walk over to the dining room where my parents and Jobe are waiting for us, and I start introducing everyone.

"Mom, Dad, Jobe, this is Gabby. Gabby these are my parents and my little brother Jobe"

"Hi! It's so nice to finally meet you all, I've heard a lot about you guys" Gabby cheerfully says

"Good things, I hope" Mom says as she jokingly hits me with one of her infamous death stares

"Yes, all good things"

"Hello, I'm Mark, nice to meet you" dad says as he shakes her hand

"Nice to meet you too" Gabs responds, while shaking his hand.

After the 'awkward' parts of the introduction is over, everyone starts warming up to each other and we talk for a bit before the food is ready. As we seat around the table, my parents just start asking Gabby your normal "meeting the parents" questions. Everyone seems to be getting along so far, and I am glad to see that my parents like Gabby and vice versa.

"You know I don't think I've seen Jude as happy as he has been the past 6 months, what's your trick?"mom asks

"He's obviously in love with her, he's so obsessed it's actually so annoying" Jobe chimes in with a disgusted look on his face.

I kick his leg under the table, but I'm not too subtle about it as everyone else starts laughing.

"I bet he even dreams about me" Gabby says as she looks at me with her hands on her chin and I can't help but let out a chuckle because she looks adorable doing that.

"Yeah he totally does, you're on his mind 24/7" Jobe says

"Right after football of course" Gabs says

"Yeah true" Jobe responds

"Okay guys those are two COMPLETELY different thing." I say, making sure to emphasise on the 'completely part'.