𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚠𝚘

Gabriela's POV

5 people die in car accidents every day, in the UK.

Five people.

When you think of the UK's population, and look at this number. It's obviously not a lot. It's still unfortunate for the lives lost.

Yet, when you think of the people who are affected by the passing of the five people, it becomes a bigger number. I have once been there with my father. And I am once more affected.

Eighty-Nine people on average get into a car accident. Five of them pass away, and Eighty-Four of them are seriously injured.

I'm sure most of them are good people. Every day, normal people. Just like you and me.

But sometimes there are bad people. I'm not sure what makes them bad people, but my father and Kai counted. That much I know.

Kai was one of the five people.

It should've been me, instead. It easily could've been me.

I now have to live with the fact, I never got justice the way I intended it. To the prosecutors he dies an innocent man, but to me he dies as the man who assaulted me and got a free pass.

I'm not sure if he wanted his last chapter in life to be a wreck. I'm not sure of his intentions with me either.

But this was his final chapter. There's no way he can restart his life. There's no editing. His final chapter was written. It was published.

I wonder what would've happened if this had been my final chapter?

It would've been an awful one to read for my loved ones. Matter of fact, anyone.

It could've been me.

Kai wasn't killed by some well planned plot twist. Or some kind of Karma.

No. He died in the most simple way a criminal can. So simple, you would think the author of his life had just decided to end his story.

But, is it really that simple?

If he had decided not to go out that night, would he still be here?

If my father had decided not to drive that day, would he still be here?

Would they both still be here?

Those are questions I'll forever ask myself.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Double update cause why not🤭

Predictions on the upcoming chapters?

Also I've been sleeping at like 5 to 6 am and I wake at 4pm😭 I go back to school on Monday and Christmas break has been so fun, like I just slept most of the time and I'm happy with it. I'm also dreading going back, cause I'm so worried about my mental state. Like it's so fragile I don't anything to trigger it.

Also I'm 2 months sh free!!! Almost 3 months on the 15th!! This is legit the longest I've gone ever since I've started, and I just hope I continue this way and nothing bad happens to trigger the urge.

Anyways I wanna thank you for 28k reads for this book!! You guys are the best I love you guys💗

Btw, have you guys watched season 2 of
Ginny & Georgia? If so what do you think of it?

Hope you all have a good day! It's currently 5am rn, and I'm finally going to bed lmao.