i

song: play with me - extreme

for context, this takes place a year after harry is born, so snape is like 22. y/n is halfway through his 6th year at hogwarts, so he's 16, almost 17. that's like a 6 year age difference 💀💀💀 so it's not like ur gonna be in love w someone 2 times your age. and there WILL be a time skip, so there's no pedophilia. snape and y/n maintain a student/mentor relationship the entire time y/n is a student at hogwarts, so there's no grooming going on on snape's part.

ALSO, i've only seen the movies, i've never read the books,, so theres probably a lot of details that i dont know about. and if snape wasnt a teacher at hogwarts when harry was a 1 y/o then uh,,, he is now lol.

3rd pov

"mr. l/n," professor snape said slowly.

y/n could see the professor's shadow loom over his desk, but he didn't look up, focusing on the potion he was mixing. even a single measurement off and it would be ruined.

"what do you think you're doing?" professor snape asked, though he was painfully aware of what y/n was doing.

"making a potion," y/n said, glancing up at snape, "this is the potions class, is it not?"

professor snape sighed and looked down at the ingredients y/n had laid out on his desk.

"barrufio's brain elixir. i assume you're making this because exams are drawing near? are you aware that that is cheating, l/n?" professor snape asked.

"oh, very aware, professor. it's not for me, i do just fine on my exams," y/n hummed, dropping in a single drop of an ingredient and backing up as mist from the potion puffed out of the vial. "i'm being paid to make this."

"production and distribution of unauthorized potions is not allowed here at hogwarts," professor snape said, crossing his arms.

"you could solve that little problem by authorizing it for me," y/n chuckled, measuring the next ingredient and dropping it into the vial.

snape snatched the vial from y/n and stared at it. he grabbed the cork and closed the vial, then put it into his pocket.

"i will be seeing you in detention once classes are over, 5 points deducted from your house," professor snape said, walking back to the front of the classroom.

y/n sighed and the students within the same house as him groaned. y/n slumped down in his seat and rolled his eyes. he pulled his wand out of his robes and smiled mischievously, using it to tug on snape's robe from a distance.

snape whipped around to glare at y/n, who'd hidden his wand under his desk and looked away, whistling in an attempt to look nonchalant.

snape slowly turned around, and y/n's smile was back as pulled his want out again. snape turned around, his own wand in his hand.

"expelliarmus," professor snape said calmly.

y/n's wand flew out of his hand and right into snape's.

"leave my classroom, now. the headmaster and your parents will be notified of your constant class disruptions," professor snape said.

y/n clicked his tongue and stood up quickly, walking dramatically down the row of desks.

"have fun trying to get ahold of my parents. they'll never respond to any letter you send," y/n spat, looking into snape's eyes before turning and walking out of the classroom.

he pulled his walkman out from his pocket and put on his headphones. he pressed play and sighed, walking down the corridors of hogwarts.

***

y/n sat slumped in a chair adjacent from dumbledore. he didn't look dumbledore in the eyes, his gaze trained solely on the floor below him.

y/n could feel snape's presence behind him, unsettling him a bit.

"y/n," dumbledore said, "look at me, y/n."

y/n sighed and looked up at dumbledore. dumbledore leaned back in his seat and clasped his hands together, letting out a quiet sigh.

"you're a brilliant student, y/n. you're incredibly smart and intuitive," dumbledore began.

y/n would have smiled at the compliments, but he knew what was to come after they were said.

"but..."

there it is. the but(t). that one singular word that y/n hated so much.

"you lack control. you always misbehave, you're always disruptive, you don't take your classes seriously—"

"is passing all of my classes and exceeding in all of them not taking them seriously?" y/n cut dumbledore off.

"think again before you decide to cut the headmaster off, l/n, unless you want your punishment to be more severe," professor snape said, jaw tight.

"it's alright professor snape, let him express his thoughts," dumbledore said, raising his hand to tell snape to step down a bit.

snape huffed, but complied.

"unlike most other students, you don't need to take your classes seriously to do well in them." dumbledore picked up a cup of tea and took a sip from it, his gaze never leaving y/n. "but you need to respect your professors. deliberately disrupting their classes and then antagonizing them is not acceptable."

"maybe if i wasn't always so bored in my classes i'd actually enjoy it and never find the need to entertain myself," y/n grumbled, sinking further into his seat, folding his arms over his torso to shield himself.

dumbledore sighed. "there are other ways to entertain yourself. you are deliberately being a nuisance in your classes and it is unacceptable. and i'm sorry that it's come to this, but if you're disruptive in class one more time, i'll have no choice but to expel you."

y/n shot up in his chair and gripped the arms of it tightly. "what? how is that fair at all?"

"i'm not the one being unreasonable, y/n. you've left me no choice," dumbledore said, his voice rising in volume.

y/n stood up out of his chair and glared at dumbledore, then whipped around to give snape the same treatment. he stepped around snape and stepped for the door of the room, taking out his wand and opening it.

snape felt for the wand in his pocket, never realizing that y/n had snuck it back into his possession. snape was quick to follow after him, having to reopen the door that was slammed in his face.

"y/n l/n!" snape yelled down the corridor, following after y/n at a fast pace.

y/n stopped and turned back to look at snape for a moment, before using apparition to teleport away. snape stopped in his tracks and stared in shock, not knowing that y/n had mastered apparition.

dumbledore stepped beside snape, folding his arms behind his back.

"what a brilliant boy," dumbledore said.

"what a brilliant pain in my arse," snape huffed, turning around and walking down the corridor.

firsr chapter done 👹👹👹

anywaus im writijg this because all of the snape x male readers actually suck. you'd think a franchise with such a large fandom would have more content for it's male fans 🚶🚶🚶