xxiv

3rd pov

y/n walked down the stone path towards his old house, trunk in his hand. severus towed behind him, walking slow to take in the scene. the house was large, the wood paneling a deep reddish brown that glowed in the sunlight. the cool tone of the stone supports contrasted it, but it fit the house well. moss and vines had made themselves welcome along the house, giving it an almost fairytale like presence. he exhaled softly as he came upon the large mahogany front door.

"home sweet home," y/n said, waving his wand to unlock the door. it opened with a creak, and y/n stepped in first. severus stepped in behind him, and inhaled the smell of the home. it smelled earthy, but clean. y/n sighed and looked around the room. it was like a time capsule, a look into y/n's young life.

"my parents were obsessed with 70s muggle design. i apologize if everything in here is an eyesore," y/n said, but he said it fondly— almost melancholically.

"it is very retro, definitely not how i'd decorate my own home. it has character, much like you do. i can see this home in you," severus replied.

y/n opened his mouth to ask what that even meant, when there was thumping on the stairs to their left. they turned to see a house elf racing down them.

"master y/n!"

y/n turned with a smile and knelt down as the elf ran into his arms. "maunstere! it is great to see you."

"long time, it's been," maunstere said, then pulled away from the hug to look at severus. "this man, who is he?"

y/n stood and turned to severus, an eyebrow raised. severus stood awkwardly and cleared his throat. "i am severus snape."

maunstere gasped and turned to y/n with a smirk. y/n looked back at maunstere, a warning in his eyes that severus didn't know the meaning of.

"the severus snape, this is?" maunstere said, holding a hand to her mouth. she opened her mouth to speak once more, and y/n shook his head violently, but she ignored him. "many times master y/n has spoken of severus snape."

severus raised his eyebrows and looked to y/n, who hid his face behind his hands. "what is she talking about?"

"fond of mister severus snape, master y/n has always been. master y/n used to—"

"maunstere!" y/n shouted, causing the house elf to stop talking and look at him, wide eyed. y/n exhaled sharply, his face burning with embarrassment. he held out his trunk. "could you please take this up to my bedroom?"

maunstere smiled humbly and took the trunk, then apparated out of the room. y/n sighed and let himself collapse onto the couch.

"what was that all about?" severus asked, sitting carefully down beside y/n. y/n leaned over and laid his head on severus's shoulder.

"maunstere was my only company during the summer when i wasn't at hogwarts. she was the victim of my ramblings. i may have been... a bit fond of you when i was younger," y/n said, hiding his face in the crook of severus's neck, embarrassed.

severus chuckled. "are you embarrassed?"

y/n didn't respond. severus shifted so that he could face y/n, and he put his finger under his chin to lift his face up. y/n stared at him, waiting for his next action. severus connected their lips with an open mouthed kiss, which y/n returned eagerly. severus pushed y/n down onto his back, all while slipping his tongue inside his mouth and licking along the roof of it. y/n gasped, reaching around to grip the fabric of severus's robe.

there was a small click from across the room and both men turned their heads to see maunstere setting a record to play. she smiled sheepishly and apparated away once again when the music began playing. y/n sighed and rolled his eyes, but smiled when unchained melody began playing. 

y/n sat up and pushed severus onto his back, now laying across him. he leaned down and pressed feather light kisses along severus's cheek and jaw. "have you seen any muggle movies?"

"yes," severus said with a pleasant sigh, "a few, when i took muggle studies."

y/n hummed and buried his face into severus's robes, relaxing his entire body. "i'll have to show you some, but i want to nap first."

severus was perfectly fine with that. he wrapped his arms around y/n and closed his eyes, letting the warmth and weight of y/n's body soothe him to sleep.

***

severus's eyes opened slowly, and immediately he noticed the lack of weight on top of his chest. he sat up and looked around the room, finding y/n to be nowhere. he sat and listened for a moment, and faintly he could hear music coming from the upper level of the giant house.

he followed the sound until he came upon a closed door. muggle music could be heard from behind it, and stray musical sounds were making themselves known as well. severus opened the door, and y/n looked up from the guitar in his hands and smiled.

"nice to see someone's finally awake," y/n said, going back to twisting the knobs at the head of the guitar. he was wearing a jean vest that had had the sleeves torn off, with patches and pins of unfamiliar names adorning it. y/n saw severus eyeing the vest, and heat rose to his cheeks. "i, uh, found it in my closet. i used to wear it religiously. if i could've worn it over my uniform i would have."

"it's... an interesting fashion choice," severus said, still having not moved from his spot in the doorway. y/n beckoned him in with a hand.

y/n sighed when his guitar was completely tuned, and he plugged it into the amplifier. immediately he was able to start playing along with the song he had playing on the boom box beside his amplifier. severus blinked, surprised by the loud, angry music playing.

"have you ever heard of metallica?" y/n stopped playing to ask. the blank stare severus gave him was as much of an answer as any. "well, this... this is music."

y/n looked back down at his guitar, tongue poking out as he concentrated on absolutely shredding the fuck out of the guitar solo. "ride the lightning has the best guitar solo by far," y/n laughed, pressing the wrong fret and messing up because he spoke.

he abruptly stopped playing, and paused for a moment to think. he smiled. "i remember why i was looking through my closet now." he jumped up, throwing the guitar onto his bed and walking across the bedroom to his closet. he got onto his hands and knees and disappeared half way into the closet. he knocked something loose and it toppled down onto his head. he grunted lightly, but didn't move away from the closet. severus watched on in bewilderment. y/n gave a cheer if success and yanked himself from his closet, rubbing his head where it was hit and examining something in his hands.

"severus, does weed expire?"

hey y'all... it's been a min...