iiii

song: underground - david bowie

3rd pov

returning to class after being completely healed was weird for y/n. his peers would give him strange looks, others would approach and asked if what happened was true, and others would just whisper about him to each other.

it got so annoying that y/n would take refuge in professor snape's classroom to get away from them all. nobody liked to be in snape's room any longer than they needed to be, so it was the perfect place to hide out.

"other students giving you trouble again, l/n?" snape asked, not looking up from his paperwork as he addressed y/n.

y/n sighed and sat at his desk. "yeah. it's been a week, you'd think they'd lose interest."

"nothing goes on around here, they'll latch onto anything that'll give them entertainment," snape said, "i'm curious as to why you choose to hide out in here with me. i'm not exactly a student favorite."

"that's exactly the point, professor. no one ever comes in here, so it's the safest place in the whole school. and you're not so bad, you're definitely one of the more tolerable professors here," y/n said, grabbing a few potion ingredients out of his school bag.

snape raised his eyebrows at what he said, but chose not to mention it. "you're not making unauthorized potions to sell to students again, are you?"

"no, i'm making it for myself. i haven't been able to sleep well lately," y/n said.

"a restless mind, i presume?" snape said, finally looking up from his papers.

"yeah, i guess. every time i close my eyes i see that thing i saw in the forest," y/n confessed.

"that's a normal response to what happened to you. you should soon no longer be bothered by it. should it not cease, seek real help instead of turning to artificial solutions," snape said, in a sort of stern, but concerned voice.

"yeah, i will," y/n said.

***

it was now well past midnight, and snape was doing his usual walk through the hogwarts corridors. he heard a faint noise. so faint that had it not been completely silent in the hallways, he wouldn't have heard it. he stopped all of his movements immediately, listening for the sound again.

it was a piano, but he couldn't pin point exactly where it was coming from. he inched closer to the wall, noticing that it got ever so slightly louder as he did so. he put his ear to the wall, and he could hear the music clearly now. some muggle tune, he assumed.

if only he could find out where exactly it was coming from to satiate his growing curiosity. he then felt the wall move and morph, and pulled away from it to look at it.

the door to the room of requirement now stood tall before him. he opened it quietly and stepped in, now immersed in the sounds of the piano. although it was a muggle song, it was rather pretty. that, or the one playing the song just knew how to make it so.

across the room was the piano, a familiar back side sitting at its bench. snape stepped further into the room, the door closing and disappearing behind him.

a note was misplayed, causing the player to curse and stop playing entirely.

"you—" snape began.

the player screamed a rather girly scream, accompanied by a violent flinch. he turned around, familiar eyes relaxing upon seeing snape.

"interesting reaction," snape said to himself, "as i was saying, you always have something new up your sleeve, don't you, y/n?"

"you scared the hell out of me, professor," y/n said, a hand over his chest.

"did your sleeping draught not work?" snape asked.

"it worked, it just didn't last very long. i woke up maybe an hour ago. i was thinking how there's not a single instrument in this whole school, and then this door opens," y/n said, plucking out a small tune one the piano.

"it's the room of requirement. it'll appear to you with what you want," snape explained.

"oh, that makes sense," y/n said.

"i never considered you as the musical type," snape said, folding his arms behind his back.

"maybe that'd be different if there were more opportunities play," y/n hummed.

"you'd better get back to your quarters. you were lucky it was i who found you, i can assure any other teacher won't be as lenient as i am with you," snape said.

y/n sighed and stood up, begrudgingly complying.

"if i were anyone else, it'd be the complete opposite. anyone would wish any professor but you discover them," y/n said, gently closing the lid to the piano.

"you're not anyone else. you're the only tolerable student i have," snape admitted.

y/n chuckled. "you wouldn't have said the same a few weeks ago."

"and neither would you have said i was one of the more tolerable professors," snape said, walking beside y/n out of the room of requirement.

they walked down the corridor for some time, before their paths to their destinations diverged.

"can i trust you to walk to your quarters yourself, or do i have to escort you there to make sure you actually do as your told?" snape asked, stopping in the middle of the hallway.

"i can get there on my own, professor. i'm kind of tired, anyways, so i'm going to attempt to get some more sleep," y/n said.

"very well, i will see you after sunrise, l/n," snape said, nodding his head toward y/n.

"see you," y/n said, apparating away.

snape stood slightly shocked, still not used to the fact that y/n could do that so nonchalantly.

***

the loud noise of y/n's apparition startled dante awake, and he sat up in his bed, his platinum blonde hair defying gravity.

"where have you been?" he asked tiredly, rubbing his eyes.

"i found a secret room, i'll have to show you it tomorrow," y/n said, climbing into his own bed.

"you're gonna have to teach me that apparition spell you do, it's real handy," dante said, leaning back on his hands.

"no can do. it's a hard spell to master and you could get hurt if you do it wrong. i don't wanna be responsible for you getting hurt," y/n said, yawning. he flopped down onto his pillow and pulled his covers up to his face.

"not fair," dante said, laying back down in his own bed.

i was informed that no one can apparate on hogwarts grounds LMFAO but like it's too late now so !

y/n is just special like that yk he can do whatever he wants