iii

song: should i stay or should i go - the clash

3rd pov

y/n woke with a start, flying into a sitting position on the infirmary bed. it was an action he quickly regretted, as the immense soreness in his side made itself known. he hissed a bit as he brought his hand to his side and looked down at it.

he didn't have his clothes on anymore, a hospital-like gown replacing them. he sighed heavily, feeling vulnerable in such little clothing.

he moved and dangled his feet over the side of the bed and stood up, testing how painful it'd be to do so. when he found that he could stand and walk with minimal pain, he sighed in relief. he was prepared to apparate to his quarters when he heard the soft snores of someone near his bed.

he squinted through the darkness, the moonlight aiding him, and saw professor snape asleep on a chair drawn beside his bed.

y/n swallowed and tip toed away, opening the door to the infirmary as quiet as possible and slipping out of the room silently.

he went as fast as he possibly could down the corridors to his bedroom, but he could only move so vigorously without hurting himself and reversing the effects of whatever professor snape and madam pomphrey had done to heal him.

he snuck into his room quietly, trying not to wake his roommate and best friend, dante.

he quickly put on more comfy and concealing clothes, finally able to relax a bit. he left his room and apparated to the forbidden forest, unaware that somebody was watching him.

***

he landed harshly on the forest ground, groaning out. he was unable to apparate cleanly because of his side, causing him to lose control a bit.

he picked himself up off the ground and came to a stand, holding onto his aching side.

y/n made a promise to himself not to climb any more trees, seeing as that's how he got hurt in the first place. one of the ingredients could only be found high in the trees, and when he was up there an unrecognizable force knocked him down. he was unfortunate enough to land just right on a branch so that it tore through his clothes and skin and broke his ribs.

during the fall, he'd dropped all of the ingredients he had gathered for snape, not having the clear mind to grab them before apparating back into the professor's classroom.

he used his wand to cast a light spell and he looked around, easily spotting the basket he was using to carry the ingredients. he was lucky enough to find that most if them had remained untouched, only a few of the contents missing. the ingredient he got injured over was safe and sound in the basket.

y/n glanced around quickly to see if any of the missing ingredients were around, but wasn't too upset when he didn't see them anywhere.

he whipped around when he heard the rustle of leaves, deciding not to stick around to find out what it was. he apparated away, but just reappeared in the same place on the forest floor, landing harshly once again. he was too weak apparate now, which meant he was truly screwed.

the fall knocked the air out his lungs and he rolled onto his back with a wheeze, trying to suck air back into his lungs. he was finally able to breathe again and gasped for air, hauling himself up off the ground once again.

he heard a rustle in the bushes again, and turned to them. glowing eyes stared at him and he heard a growl, twigs and leaves crunching under the feet of whatever beast was about kill him.

he backed up and was about to turn and run when a hand grabbed the collar of his shirt and tugged him backwards. he crashed into someone, but didn't have the time to see who it was, because they apparated, taking him with them.

a flash and a violent wave of nausea and y/n was crashing to the floor again, but this time in the hogwarts infirmary. he groaned out in pain, his side practically screaming at him.

"i think you're the stupidest boy i've ever taught. have you no common sense?"

y/n looked up to see professor snape glaring down at him. he had no answer to snape's question. he just dropped his gaze with a sigh and remained on the ground, not particularly fancying the idea of moving when his side hurt so bad.

"why would you go back to the forbidden forest? at night? do you have a death wish?" snape hounded, grabbing y/n's and lifting him, gently sitting him on the bed. he was unaware of the basket y/n still had in his grasp.

"i went back for," y/n lifted the basket up as he spoke, "for this."

snape looked down and saw the ingredients he had asked y/n to gather. he let out a heavy sigh.

he took the basket from y/n's hand. "under no circumstances are potion ingredients more important than your safety. what you did tonight was idiotic and reckless."

"yeah, i get it." y/n laid down on the bed and turned his back to snape, curling in on himself.

snape opened his mouth to chastise y/n further, but figured y/n had had enough.

"thank you for getting these ingredients for me. now it is your job to rest until you are fully healed, that is all i'm going to ask of you," snape said, turning around and walking towards the infirmary doors.

i love making y/n the dumbest mother fucker out there