xxii

3rd pov

y/n stood before seven board members, hands folded behind his back casually. in any other case, he'd have had them shoved into his pockets, but he knows the board would find that disrespectful. while he's all about defying the higher ups, he doesn't want to screw himself over and lose a possible job opportunity.

"tell us, mr. l/n," an old man with a long white beard (dumbledore wears it better, y/n thinks) speaks, "what musical knowledge do you have?"

y/n began listing off of everything he'd told dumbledore just a week prior. "extensive knowledge in music theory. i have years of experience playing the piano, violin, and saxophone. i can play the guitar and drums with both classical and more modern techniques, and i can play other strings and brass instruments well enough to teach them."

"would you mind demonstrating?" a woman spoke, her grey, white streaked hair twisted up into a tight bun. y/n noted that her eyebrows were draw too high onto her forehead.

"not at all," y/n replied, turning his back to the board members and facing the array of instruments before him. he went to the piano first and played the first few measures of für elise, then looked to the board members for their reactions.

a man with short, fading blond hair squinted at him. "play something with higher difficulty."

y/n's eyebrows raised, but he nodded, hiding the fact that he was mildly insulted by the request. he sat for a moment, trying to think of a song that would impress his tough crowd. he smiled mischievously and began playing winter wind.

he heard the blond man huff.

"i thought i told you to play a song of higher difficulty?"

y/n just looked up at him and smiled and slammed his hands down onto the keys, making sure it was loud enough to shock the man. the song went from slow, calming chords, to heavy, frantic arpeggios up and down the keys. surely that was of higher difficulty for the blond's satisfaction. he slowly faded the song out and stood up from the piano bench, and walked over to a chair with a pristine, mint condition violin right beside it.

y/n lightly tapped the bow's strings and deemed them rosined enough to play. he picked up the violin and and plucked the strings, hesitating on the D string. he fiddled (pun intended) with the fine tuner until the D string wasn't flat, and sighed in satisfaction. he swallowed and brought the bow up to the strings, and played the most difficult measure of introduction and rondo capriccioso.

he moved down the instruments and played notable pieces each was recognizable for, always staring straight at the board members and analyzing their reactions. he was positive they were impressed, as they were terrible at hiding their facial expressions.

he'd made his way through every instrument they had set up, and by the end the tips of his fingers were sore and his forearms were tight, but he was smug and absolutely positive they wouldn't— couldn't say no to him.

y/n stood before them and then bowed, eyes never leaving their faces. "thank you for your time." y/n twisted on his heel and walked out of the room, cane clicking on the ground as he did so. standing and muttering quietly between each other were dumbledore and severus, who turned to y/n with eyes begging for answers.

"i think it went rather well," y/n said, sticking a hand in his pocket and shrugging.

"i assume you were perfectly respectful and presentable the entire time?" severus asks, even though he knows y/n was probably the exact opposite.

"what's the point in even asking that? all old people with their heads up their asses just absolutely adore me," y/n said, using severus's shoulder as an arm rest and smiling at the dark man. severus, pushed his arm off and began walking towards dumbledore, who'd began leaving without them.

"i adore you," dumbledore said with an amused hum, "does that mean my head is up my ass?"

"you said it," y/n laughed, "not me."

severus rolled his eyes.

***

y/n shrugged off his robes with a sigh and pulled his tie away from his neck. he unbuttoned his shirt and toes his shoes off, already feeling more relaxed than he's been all day. he never has a good day when prissy spoilt old people are involved. all he wants is to take a shower and then pass out on his bed. he could do with a nap.

he's halfway naked by the time he turns on the shower, he shirt, shoes and socks left abandoned on his floor. his pants are unbuttoned and unzipped, and they hung low on his hips as he held his hand under the water as it got hot. the door to the bathroom was wide open, and he could hear the lock to his room click.

he peaked his head over and made eye contact with severus, whose eyes didn't remain on his for long. instead, they trailed down y/n's torso, and then back up. he stopped at the door to the bathroom.

"would you like me to come back later?" severus asks, slow, like the air in his mouth was thick.

y/n looks at him with a cheeky smile. "why don't you join me?"

severus's breath hitches. he doesn't reply. y/n takes his hand out from under the water and shakes the droplets off. he steps an inch from severus and buries his hands in severus's coat, gently slipping them off of severus's shoulders. he lightly feather his lips across severus's, closing his eyes and pressing their bodies together.

"let's just shower and then sleep, yeah?" y/n asked, and severus can feel his hot breath fan his lips.

severus captures y/n's lips with his and slips the last of his robes off and begins working down the buttons of his shirt. y/n pulls away and pecks his collar bone before returning to the water and slipping his pants and boxers off all in one swift move. he steps into the shower and ducks his head under the stream, closing his eyes as he lets the warmth capture him.

he feels gently hands run up his sides and a kiss at the nape of his neck.

"you are absolutely breathtaking, darling," severus says, breathless.

hey swagtastical swagsters, here's a new update for y'all

what if i went and added songs to all my chapters? wouldn't that be funsies