- S E V E N T E E N -

𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪

--

Thanks so much to Softie_hoax for making this amazing fanart of Doja Cat!!! (image above the GIF) ^^
Their artstyle is so cute I'm literally gonna cry.

--

[Y/N] woke up suddenly after a wet rag was thrown at her face. Muttering a string of some... quite vibrant words she blinked her tiredness away, greeted with the sight of a very pissed Bucciarati.

"How long have I been sleeping?" She spoke with a yawn, stretching her arms.

"Two hours." The [H/C] haired girl could hear the anger in his voice.

Soon a headache began to set in, but when she tried to pull her stand out she was met with a low battery symbol on Doja. Grumbling nonsense to herself, [Y/N] looked back up at the ebony-haired man.

"Explain yourself." He stated with a very stern tone. "Explain whaat?" She muttered groggily.

"Why the fuck you were out at midnight DRUNK without someone to drive you home? And why did you hang up on me?" He yelled, pointing an accusatory finger at the [E/C] eyed girl. Honestly, don't ask her questions right after she wakes up.. bad idea.

"Uuuuh I dunno? I had a crazy dream last night where I went to some store and made friends with the mannequins. Shit's weird."

"That was not a dream," Bruno said through gritted teeth. "Oh." The ebony-haired man had to take a deep breath to stop himself from doing anything rash. "What you did was very irresponsible. As a result, you won't be allowed to go outside of the house or hang out with your friends for a week, unless it's a mission."

Honestly, [Y/N] was still to tired for this shit, choosing to blink groggily and yawn again. "Oohkay. Sounds cool. Pfft, it's kinda like if you were... a mom grounding me or some shit, I dunno"

Bucciarati was fully prepared for you to go batshit crazy about that like Narancia would, but he was pleasantly surprised at your lack of reaction. Although, if you really didn't care about it, then you probably wouldn't learn your lesson. Maybe he would come up with something more effective later.

He decided that he would consult with the more mature members of his team about that. Going off to find Fugo and Abbacchio he turned back to see the [H/C] haired girl sleeping once again. His eyebrows furrowed as he began to search again.

Deep down, he was extremely worried about her recklessness. Her actions would eventually come back to bite her in the ass, he was sure. Rubbing his temples, he eventually stopped at the gang's meeting room where the two sat.

How coincidental, it's almost like Author-chan was too lazy to make Bruno find them! Walking into the room and making his presence known he cleared his throat.

-

Waking up a few hours later, [Y/N] suddenly remembered the events that occurred last night and in the morning. Suddenly feeling a rush of guilt overtake her, she decided to sulk for the time being.

'Maybe,' She thought. 'I'll make it up to Bruno later.' Since she wasn't allowed to go out or anything, the [H/C] haired girl decided to cook up some lunch for the gang. Deciding to make a few sandwiches, [Y/N] got out some swiss cheese, leftover bacon, ham, and lettuce, and started to assemble them to make the final product.

Once she was done, the [H/C] haired girl covered the sandwiches with plastic wrap and set them on the dining table, but not before taking one for herself. Going up to her room to do whatever she caught a glimpse of Bucciarati talking to Abbacchio and Fugo. Not wanting to upset the ebony-haired man even more, [Y/N] slowly trudged down the hall the rest of the way. Rushing into her room and jumping on her bed she decided to get out a book and chill for the time being.

Taking a bite of her sandwich, [Y/N] heard a knock on her door. Sitting up on her bed, she was about to say 'Come in!' before the bitch himself just opened without waiting for an answer. Bucciarati stepped into the room and closed the door behind him.

Almost immediately, [Y/N]'s [E/C] orbs looked at the floor in shame, her previous guilt returning. The ebony-haired man slowly approached the girl, taking a seat on her bed. Bucciarati finally spoke up, setting his hands on his lap. "I'm worried for you, [Y/N]. What if you end up hurting yourself because of your actions? You do such reckless things sometimes, and it makes me anxious."

The [H/C] haired girl opened her mouth to respond, but she couldn't form a coherent sentence. She wanted to know why he cared about her so much? Bruno noticed her lack of words and sighed deeply. "[Y/N]. I'm just saying you need to not be as reckless."

"'m sorry." Was the only thing she could get out. She started fidgeting with her hands, feeling even more guilty. Swallowing a lump that formed in her throat, [Y/N] finally looked at the ebony-haired man. His eyes were full of concern, and almost immediately she looked away.

"Why are you so worried about me? I'm strong, right? I can take care of myself." The [H/C] responded, her voice wavering as the last of her confidence withered away. "[Y/N], why wouldn't I worry? I care for you, you know? I care for everyone in the gang, and you aren't an exception."

Seeing her uneasy expression Bucciarati hesitantly pulled the girl into a hug, patting her back reassuringly. After a moment she returned the favor, slowly wrapping her arms around his figure. His embrace was comforting, to say the least.

"I'll... I'll try to be a bit more careful, I promise."

"I'll hold you to that, then."

-

Around a week and a half passed, and the gang decided to meet up in Libeccio's again. A warm aurora enveloped the establishment, and soft chatter could be heard throughout the restaurant. Outside, a light blanket of snow covered the streets of Naples, and people made their way through the city to do their business.

One of the most perfect times of the year, people could say, as there were a minimal amount of tourists and peaceful weather.

[Y/N] could sit by the window for hours and never get bored. Scanning through the menu, she called over a waiter and ordered a strawberry cake. Peering over the magazine she brought, she could see Fugo attempting to teach a bored Narancia, Abbacchio listening to his music, and Mista reading a magazine of his own.

"Hey, Mista. Where's Bucciarati?" The [H/C] haired girl questioned him, as he seemed the least busy. "I think he's outside chatting to a few people, why?"

"I was just wondering." And with that, the two of them went back to reading their magazines. Not long after, the waiter came back with a rolling cart that held a platter of the sweet dessert she ordered. Noticing that there were four slices, [Y/N] took one before the gunslinger could notice and cause a racket.

After around five minutes or so, another waiter - No, a waitress - came back with everyone's food, and Mista began talking. "Just listen to me! I've been thinking real hard about eating.."

"Goddamnit, not again..." She groaned, looking at the sweet treat in front of her.

"'Cause whether or not you're living a happy life depends on it. That's why I think this is so important. So anyway.." Prodding at the cake, the [H/C] haired girl took a bite, savoring the flavors. Finally deciding to listen to the gunslinger's ranting, she leaned her head on the palm of her hand.

"There are animals that eat meat to survive, right? Like lions, and cats, and bald eagles... but you can never order the meat of these carnivores at restaurants. Why?" Internally facepalming at his question, [Y/N] decided to keep her mouth shut for now. "It's because they smell too nasty to eat! They taste horrible! Cats taste too nasty to eat... you with me?"

"Mista... how would you know that? Have you tried eating a cat before?" She teased, pointing her fork at him. Beside you, Narancia spoke up, "Yeah, an iron chef could promise me that it's tasty, and I still wouldn't eat a cat!"

"On the other hand, have you ever heard of sweetfish? Sweetfish don't eat bigs. They're herbivores, they only eat algae. Normally fish guts are all bitter and gross, but if it is sweetfish, then you can even eat the guts just fine... 'cause it's not a carnivore." Everyone was paying attention to Mista now, even Abbacchio (which surprised the [H/C] haired girl).

"So, I thought about it, and it turns out the meat we like to eat is herbivore meat. Beef, pork, chicken! Give 'em good grass, and they taste even better. So, the conclusion! Humans eat meat, so they taste gross! Well, what do you think of my idea? Those horror novels and stuff all tell you how good human flesh tastes, but it's all made up!"

"Oh god, I knew something like this was going to happen..." [Y/N] groaned once more. "I see. That does sound convincing." The pale-haired man replied, seemingly in deep thought.

Narancia seemed curious, opening his mouth to speak "I... I eat more veggies and fruit than meat, though." Snickering at the thought of what might happen next, the [H/C] haired girl leaned back in her chair, although she stopped when it almost tipped over.

"Gyahahah! You might taste pretty good, then!"

"Narancia.. Don't encourage him.." Fugo chided, pointing a finger at the raven-haired teen. Not long after, Bucciarati walked over to the table, the gang greeting him as he approached the group.

"Hey, Bucciarati."

"Took you a while. We started eating without you."

The ebony-haired man seemed serious, though. "You remember Leaky-eye Luca? He's in charge of the airport... They found his corpse, he died an unnatural death... Let's investigate, it's an order from capo Polpo."

Scoffing, [Y/N] quickly zoned out, tapping her foot against the tile floor.

--

a/n: I am so sorry guys, I def didn't forget about this book, then try to write a chapter, and then forget about it again.. it might take a while for me to update, my grades are not very swag.