- T H I R T Y -

𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪

--

"You're a cautious guy. I can respect that." Fugo took a bit of a liking to Giorno, smiling at him as he sat down in his chair once again. Abbacchio stared at the fifteen-year-old silently. What did Bucciarati even see in him?

"Does Bucciarati know?" Mista questioned, trying to get something out of him.

"Yeah, he does."

[Y/N] finally spoke up, swirling her still-hot matcha in the cup. "Giorno, what color is your stand?"

"Oh, it's golden."

"Pretty..."

Bucciarati merely observed the gang as they conversed with one another. The phone call that he had to take — it was regarding Polpo... and his death. Apparently, he had committed suicide, but it was quite an odd situation... The thing is, Polpo seemed too proud to kill himself like that, so was it a staged murder? Or was he trying to hide something...? Either way, Bucciarati needed to do something important first, before he thought about anything else. "Team, quit screwing around! We're going out."

Narancia cocked his head to the side. "Huh? Where?"

"Follow me and you'll find out. Now let's go, everyone." He beckoned the gang over as they stared in confusion. Bucciarati seemed preoccupied with something, but what? Giorno got up first, the others following closely behind.

"Hey, what are we gonna do about our car situation? It's too small to fit us and you know...?" Mista asked, remembering how he fell seven fucking stories and landed on the old vehicle.

"We got a loaner," Abbacchio responded curtly.

"Too bad a certain someone wrecked the last one..." Fugo half-teased, still kinda pissed at the fact that he and the car got a faceful of ass that one day.

"Hey, I already told you that there was nothing I could have done about it!"

[Y/N] decided to join in, poking Mista's shoulder and laughing. "Your dumbass almost made me fall asleep tryna heal you...!"

"But [Y/N], you did fall asleep."

"Shut up..."

Giorno observed how the civilians and the gang treated Bucciarati. They seemed to put a lot of trust in him, and he could see why. The older man was respectful and trustworthy, a quality that many did not possess.

As the team got in the car, [Y/N] looked around. The new vehicle had quite the amount of seats, luckily for her. No more squishing into the back... "When you said we were going out, you were talking about a cruise?" Narancia squealed excitedly. Where were they going? "That's tight!"

"I've never been on a boat before..." [Y/N] added.

Fugo's eyes widened as he turned to stare at her. Had she seriously never been on a boat before? "[Y/N], you've never ever been on a boat ride? Not even once?!"

"No... My Father never cared enough to take me on one I guess, and..." She paused to think. What did her Mother even do? Any thoughts she had about her were muddled. "I don't know about my Mother. The ocean is really pretty, though. I wish I had the chance to earlier."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Fugo stared out into the vast blue sea. It was quite a beautiful day with the sun shining bright and the gulls screeching overhead. Bucciarati finally found a space to park, everyone getting out of the car and admiring the glistening water.

"Since when did you own a yacht?" Abbacchio mused.

"We're going to rent one," Bucciarati answered, and everyone could hear Narancia groan in dismay.

"Huh..?"

"Man, it's just a rental..." Maybe in the future, the gang could save up for a cool boat. What color would it be though..? The ravenette's thoughts were occupied as he wondered what his dream boat would look like. Orange, probably. Maybe he could take [Y/N] on it with him and...

"Hey, Bucciarati..." [Y/N] could practically smell Mista about to complain about fours or something. "Whatever you do, please don't rent the one with the number four on it..." Of course. It didn't really matter anyway, since all of the boats were the same, so Bruno might as well just get another number. "It'll sink for sure..." His flawed logic was somewhat humorous, but apparently, Fugo didn't agree.

"Get over yourself... It wouldn't be floating right now if that were true."

"Just shut up!" Mista retorted, pointing a finger at the strawberry blonde. "Then why don't you take it for a ride if you're so confident?" Bored of the arguing that was happening, [Y/N] followed Narancia into the store to get some snacks. She didn't have much left, only a few Calpico drinks and maybe a shrimp chip bag, but she needed MORE FOOD."

Grabbing as many potato chips and cookie bags as her wallet could hold, she quickly asked the man at the counter to ring her up before Bucciarati went to speak with him. "Thank you, Sir!" She quickly added before fucking off somewhere else, probably going to see the view.

"We'd like to rent a yacht."

The man behind the counter smiled warmly at Bruno. "Sure thing! Pick whichever one you'd like."

Mista not-so-quietly whispered to the ebony-haired man, making sure he didn't choose the unlucky one. "Anything but four!"

"Fine... I'll take the one on the far left." He pointed to the one that [Y/N] was staring in awe at. "For now, I'd like to rent it for three days. How much will that be?" Knowing that this business was protected by Passione, he was hoping for a discount. Not that it would matter anyway, if this mission went successfully.

"No, I could never take your money, Mr. Bucciarati!" The man smiled gratefully at him. Handing him the key to Lagoon 01, he scratched the back of his head. "Take her out as long as you'd like."

Smiling back, he held on to the key tightly. "I appreciate it." Not long after, Narancia appeared with a shit-ton of snacks in his arms, setting it all on the counter.

"Pops, ring me up!"

After Narancia had gotten all of his snacks paid for, the gang left to go find the boat, [Y/N] quickly catching up with them. Bucciarati boarded the boat first, then Abbacchio, Mista, Giorno, and Narancia. The steps were steep, the boat creaking with every little movement. [Y/N] had never gotten on a boat before, and the idea of doing so scared her. What if it sunk? Fugo, still on the dock with her, noticed her distress, approaching her and holding out a hand. "Here, I know boats are quite scary, but you'll be alright. Come on, I'll help you up..."

Hoisting her up, Fugo watched as [Y/N] scrambled onto the yacht, grabbing onto the railing for dear life. The swaying movements of the boat made her anxious as she tried to get onto stable ground. Quickly getting on the boat with her, the strawberry blonde helped her up once again, his demeanor a lot calmer than at the restaurant. "Why is the boat shaking so much?"

"It's normal for the boat to rock a bit since the water has waves. You'll get used to it in a bit, alright? Just try not to eat too much food or you might feel more sick..." His violet eyes darted to the side. He felt nervous for some reason, but he couldn't tell as to why. Maybe the boat was making him sick too...? "You should put your snacks in the cabin before birds get to them. You see those ones flying over there? Those are black-tailed gulls. Did you know that they are one of the largest gulls? They're also pretty intelligent, as well."

"I...I never knew that. That's fascinating, Fugo."

"..."

"..."

"...Thank you." He responded. Noticing how [Y/N] was a bit more comfortable, Fugo left before his anxiousness made him do something foolish. She took this opportunity to try to find the cabin to put the snacks in, but couldn't decide what to leave out. The Calpis drink for sure... the mini cookies? Possibly. Yeah, the mini cookies.

It was quite a big yacht, with a little cabin included that had a pretty big bed. Deciding to hide her snacks in one of the cabin's many drawers, she hastily made her way back upstairs, still a bit iffy about the rocking sensation. In the distance Narancia could be heard yelling about his broken radio, Mista nearby drinking from a Sprite can. Deciding that standing around and moping like a loser was dumb, [Y/N] made her way over to Bruno and Giorno, making sure to stay a few meters away from the railing.

"The water is captivating isn't it, [Y/N]?" Bucciarati had a carefree expression. The ocean reminded him of his father, a fond memory that he treasured for many years.

"Yeah... It's pretty."