...Blood for the blood god...

TW: Blood (ofc)

Techno and Dream sat in silence in the Pandoras Vault mail cell. The only sounds they could hear was the lava falling down in front of the cell. Dream was trying to figure out how to make the raw potatoes more appetizing, considering it was the only thing he was fed since the start of his sentence. The blonde sighs in defeat, leaning back on the wall behind him, and looking over at his cell mate, Technoblade. Techno stared into the Lava, sitting on the netherite blocks. Dream just figured it was just the lava and netherite reminded him on the nether.

Little did Dream know, the voices were stirring in The Blade's head. They wanted... bloodshed... But Technoblade knew he he couldn't satisfy their demands. Techno looks over at Dream after realizing he was being stared at. "Yes, Dream?" The piglin questions. "You feeling alright Techno? You're not ringing that bell that God gave you," Dream points out, crawling over to him. The pink-haired male quickly moves away from Dream. A look of concern makes it's way onto the blonde's face. The voices slowly become louder in Techno's head, making to harder and harder to ignore it. He knew what they wanted but didn't want to hurt Dream.

"Techno?" Dream asks, pulling himself to his feet. Techno, in response, just starts hitting the bell repeatedly. The blonde quickly regrets ever mentioning the bell. Hell, regretting ever bringing god into the cell in the first place. Though he had no clue that The Blade would wish for some dumb bell. Dream groans in annoyance before covering his ears. This was worse that Quackity's torture over some revival book that he acquired from old Jschaltt. "Techno shut up with that bell!" Sam says over the speakers that were hidden somewhere in the cell.

Of corse, Techno did not listen. Dream comes over and grabs the bell. He signs in relief before looking up at Techno. The piglin seemed... panicked. "What's wrong?" Dream asks, crouching down to his level. Techno's first reaction was punching the blonde square in the nose. Dream falls back, covering his nose with both his hands. "Did I just break your nose?!" Techno asks, not expecting to actually punch the blonde in front of him. "No, no, it's not broken, Tech," Dream reassures. He takes his hands off his nose, wiping the blood from the sudden blow. The voices quickly became screams. Techno resisted the urge to cover his ears, knowing extremely well that covering his ears will only make it worse.

Suddenly, it clicked what was happening. Dre quickly attempted to hide the blood from his cell mate. "Hey, Techno, it's okay. Try to take deep breaths," Dream explains. Techno attempts to do what the blonde said, failing. The piglin stands up in complete silence. He knew they were bound to act up eventually... but why now?

Blood, they screamed, Blood Blood BLOOD

Techno grips onto his shoulder length pink hair. Dream finally manages to stop the blood flow, running to the Blood God, and embracing him into a tight hug. Techno immediately tensed. Confused? Startled? Both? It didn't matter. He tried to get out of the other's arms with no success.

He finally accepts that he can't do anything about it. Finally, he hugs Dream back. The blonde was surprised. The all mighty Blood God, who could rip him apart in a heartbeat with his bare hands.. was.. hugging him back instead of killing him? He doesn't question it any farther. Instead, doing anything in his power to help calm the voices that were raging in his so called friend's head. And by Techno's surprise, it actually was working!

Techno closes his eyes as the voices went from screaming for blood, to soft whispers in the back of his mind. Dream realized that his idea had worked as Technoblade relaxed under his touch. He waits until techno was ready to let go. They stayed like that for a few moments before the pink haired male pulled away. Dream smiled at Techno being in a calmer state, taking his small victory of calming down a sea of voices ,which he only knew about from Techno telling him.  Technobalde muttered out what seemed to be a "Thank you." "Any time," Dream hums. They sat the rest of the day in silence, at each other's side.

•{-728 words-}•

This story Idea credit goes to my friend: Halo/Apollo
:)

Total word count: 747