There's a reason... they fail

TW: Suicide attempt, SH, mentions Techno's death, cursing

The sounds of the train rolling in echo through the halls of the underground tunnel. Wilbur looks around at the few people around him. A young couple and what seemed to be their friend. Wilbur sighs as the train doors open in front of him. It was currently 3:30 am, an odd time to be out. Not for Wilbur though. No, this was routine. He boards the train, sitting on the way back after watching the three following him coming on the tree. They sit in the middle.

Wilbur puts in his earbuds and watches out of the window as the train leaves the station. He wanted to jump in front of that train... he wasn't gonna do it. At least... not that night. But damn was he so close to doing so. Will looks down at his phone at a notification from discord.

TommyInnit

Hey! Come talk to me! 3:32 am

The fluffy-haired male sighs before forcing himself to join the call. "Wilbur!" Tommy screams, causing Will to yank out his earbuds. He waits a moment before putting them back in. "Hello Tommy," Wilbur answers, his voice hoarse from yelling earlier that day at his stream. "You sound like shit, big man," Tommy laughs. "Yeah yeah, whatever. Anyways, what's up?" Wilbur questions the blonde. "I just needed someone to talk to," Tom states, quieting his voice as his phone starts ringing. Tommy muted to answer it.

Wilbur quietly laughs and shakes his head. The brunette stands up as the train comes to a halt. He gets off at that stop, deciding to walk around the city before going back to his flat. "Sorry, I'm back" Tommy chimes. They talk for a while before Tommy ends the call due to going to sleep. Wilbur looks at his phone; 5:45 am 17 missed calls. He stops walking. Has it been that long? Shit shit SHIT! Wilbur starts booking it back. He had Fundy spending the night since they were meeting up with Tommy and Phil for a day out. He makes it back in under 15 minutes, reaching to unlock the door only to Fundy opening it. "Where have you been, Will?" Floris asks, crossing his arms.

"Oh um..." Will starts, trying to put together words as the other stares him down. He eventually gives up, pushing past Fundy and going into the bathroom. He starts the shower after locking the door. The brit strips before stepping into the lukewarm water. Wilbur looks down at his scarred wrists with a few new cuts from the night before. He silently picks the scabbing away and watches as the once clear water becomes red. A painful sight. Wilbur sits on the shower floor, leaning against the wall. Why couldn't he just jump when he had the chance? He knew no one would care. It would just be added to a statistic of suicides by jumping into the Jubilee Line.

At least he did something successful in his lifetime. He didn't want to leave the fanbase with 2 deaths in the same year. It has been weeks since he last streamed and his viewers were probably getting worried. But what for? He was nothing but a character on a screen. He wasn't their friend. He didn't even know them! They didn't know Technoblade either, but his death has taken the media by storm. Oh, how he would kill to see that man again.

He turns off the water as soon as the cuts stop bleeding, drying off, and putting clothes on. A hoodie, jeans, and a beanie. He comes out to Fundy questioning him. Wilbur ignored it as he put on his yellow converse and left once again. Fundy throws on his shoes and runs after him, asking the brit if he was okay. "I'm fine, Fundy. Don't worry about me," Will says, not daring to look the other in the eye. "But I am worrying! You've been out all night with no explanation–" "I'm. Fine. Fundy," Wilbur interrupts, glaring at the furry from the corner of his eye.

Fundy goes silent, simply just walking alongside the brit. But Wilbur just wanted to be alone, trying to make it obvious. The other didn't seem to be picking up on the clues. "Leave me alone, Floris!" Wilbur snaps, straightening his posture. Fundy tenses up before running away. "Fundy wait-"

But it was already too late. Wilbur watches him run, utterly speechless. He picks his phone out of his pocket, letting Tommy and Phil know that he would no longer be attending the day out they spent months planning together. After that, he shuts his phone off. He didn't want to be questioned on why he suddenly canceled. He didn't want to see that message from Tommy asking for him to call. He didn't want ANYTHING to do with them at the moment.

If he was ever gonna do it, he was doing it now. He hides around London, avoiding all the places they were planning on going to. He kept his phone off all day. He's lost all sense of hope. Was he going to do this? Well, he had no choice. He sits in the station, scratching his wrists as he stares at the clock. 10:05. Only 25 more minutes until he could see Techno again. Wilbur pulls out his phone to see his phone having been spammed with missed calls, messages, and discord notifications.

He types out one final goodbye to Tommy, staring at the message. He couldn't do this to Tommy... he already took Technoblade passing badly. Surely the death of his other brother would be even worse. He couldn't leave Tommy and the others... could he? Before he could do anything else, his phone started ringing...

Ph1LzA m1n3cRaFt

Accept             Decline

"Phil," Will quietly says to himself. He hesitates before clicking Accept. "Will?!" Phil asks, panicking. "Yes, it's me," Wilbur quietly answers. "Mate, what happened to you? Why aren't you answering any of our calls or messages? Where are you?" Phil questions. "Phil, I can't do this anymore..." Will whispers, looking up at the clock

10:09

"What do you mean?" Phil asks. Silence. "William?!" There were crashes from Phil's end as the blonde pushed past people to get out of the building. "Where are you?!" No response. "WILBUR FUCKING ANSWER ME!"

10:10

"I'm done here, Phil. I can't take it anymore..." Wilbur says, tears threatening to fall.

10:11

"Will. There are other ways, talk to me," Phil says, his voice breaking. "I- I can't," Will says.

10:12

"William Gold, where are you?" Phil asks with a serious tone. After a moment of silence, Wilbur spoke up, "The tube line." Will could tell that Phil started running by the sudden wind that the Mic picked up.

Phil runs into the station. 10:28. The blonde finds Wilbur standing on the yellow line, waiting for the train to come and take his life. 10:29. The rumble of the train approaches. Wilbur prepares to jump before suddenly being yanked away from the rails. The brunette falls back, using his arms to brace the landing. Wilbur looks at Phil. The blonde's expression was a mixture of fear, sadness, and anger. "What the fuck were you thinking, Will?" Phil yells, standing over the younger.

"Phil..." Wilbur mutters. Phil drops to his knees and hugs Wilbur tightly, the brunette returning the hug. They both stayed like that until the train pulled away. "Never do that again. Do you understand?" Phil questions, gripping Wilbur's shoulders tightly and staring him in the eyes. Wilbur nods, causing Phil to relax the grip.

After that, Phil started taking Wilbur to get professional help. Making sure that no matter what, there will always be people who care about him. The same goes for you, Reader. No matter how bad it gets, there will always be people to hold you up, even if it doesn't seem like it.