Six : Mama's Van

I have been back at school for two weeks now. Jasper and I are best friends. I've felt really good these last 2 weeks.

I start walking to the truck on Tuesday. I slip on the ice and start falling. I put my wrist down to save myself but it doesn't work.

"Come on! Shit!" I yell. I get up and get in the truck. I look at my wrist, it is starting to swell up.

I see Bella and Charlie walk into the ice and Bella falls. Charlie helps her up. Bella gets in the truck. She starts driving and I look at my wrist. It is black and blue and swollen.

'Damn it! This stupid wrist is killing me!'

I get out of the truck when we park at the school. I walk inside to biology.

"Mornin'." Jasper says.

"Hey Jaz." I say.

"Is your wrist ok? It's swollen and black and blue." Jasper says.

"I think I sprained it. I'll get it checked out later." I say. Jasper puts my wrist in his cold hand. "That feels better. Your hands are cold." I say. "I like it though."

Jasper smiles. "Most people flinch away."

I laugh. "I find it comforting."

The rest of the day, my wrist really hurts. Jasper held it in his hand in History but that's it.

I walk out of gym and I start walking to the truck. Bella is standing there listening to an audiobook or something. I hear a big screech and I see Tyler's van slide towards Bella.

"BELLA!!!" I scream. I start sprinting towards Bella but the van hits before I get to her. I climb over the van and crouch down next to Bella. "Bella! Look at me!" I say.

"Cameron, I'm fine." Bella says. She pushes me away.

"TYLER!! YOU ALMOST KILLED BELLA WITH UR MAMA'S VAN!!" I scream. I run into the woods to take a breath. I hear footsteps follow me.

"Cam, you fine?" Someone asks. I turn around, it's Jasper.

"I think so. The pain in my wrist is just frustrating me. Tyler and Bella are too." I say.

"I'll drive you to the hospital if you want." Jasper says.

"That would be nice." I say. "Thanks."

I get in the silver Volvo with Jasper. Edward is in the ambulance with Bella. Jasper holds my wrist in his hand.

"Thanks Jaz." I say.

"No problem." He says. He smiles at me and we park at the hospital. He walks in with me.

"Hey Jasper, hey Cameron." Dr. Cullen says. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Cameron hurt her wrist this morning on the ice. She thinks she sprained it." Jasper says.

"Cameron, why didn't you see me sooner?" Dr. Cullen asks.

"Well I thought it could wait until later." I say.

I follow Dr. Cullen into the ER. Jasper follows and Bella and Tyler are in there. "I guess both of the chiefs daughters are in." The doctor says.

"Cameron? What are you doing here?" Charlie asks.

"I hurt my wrist this morning." I say.

Dr. Cullen looks at Bella first. I don't know what he's saying.

"See you at home Cameron." Charlie says. Him and Bella leave.

"Dr. Cullen! There is an emergency in room 9727! I can take care of her." A random doctor says.

"Ok." Dr. Cullen says. He runs out of the room.

"Hello." The doctor says. He looks at a clipboard. "Ms. Rose?" He asks.

"Umm. No. It's Ms. Swan." I say.

"No, you were adopted by the Swans." The doctor says.

"Wait what?!" I ask. Am I adopted? I grab the clipboard and look at it.

Mother: Sydney Rose
Father: James Rose
Sister: Lily Rose.

"N-no." I say. I run out of the hospital and tears fall down my eyes. I run into the woods and sit down next to a tree. I bury my head in my knees. I start sobbing harder.

Someone wraps their arms around me. I can tell it's Jasper.

"I-I can't be adopted." I say. "On the paper or said my birthday is a month after Bella's." I cry harder. Jasper pulls me into his chest.

"Hey, it'll all work out." Jasper says.

"D-did my birth parents not want me?" I ask.

"Cam, I'm sure they wanted you." Jasper says.