Twenty Four : Seattle

It has been a few days since I have become Jasper's fiancé. On the news, there has also been hundreds of disappearances in Seattle. Jasper thinks it's a newborn army.

"Newborn?" Bella asks.

"Its the first few years or months of our lives as vampires. We still have human blood in our system so we are at our most powerful." Carlisle says.

Jasper walks out, he looks sad. I follow him outside.

"Jaz, what's wrong?" I ask.

"My uh, upbringing as a vampire isn't really like the rest of my family." Jasper says.

I sit down on the porch stair with him. "Can you tell me about it?" I ask.

"I was the youngest major in the Texas Calvary. 1844, I met Maria, the vampire that changed me. I was a monster, I killed people, I helped Maria regain her territory. She made me train a newborn army and I had to kill them when they were no use to her. I could feel their emotions when I killed them, it killed me inside. I thought what we had was love, but I was her puppet, she pulled the strings. Later, I went away and I met Alice at a diner, she showed me the vegetarian way and we joined the Olympic Coven, with Carlisle." Jasper explains.

"Jaz, I am so sorry you had to go through that." I say. I hug him. "It will never happen again."

Jasper hugs me back. "I feel like she is still looking for me, wanting to kill me." He pulls up his sleeves and reveals bite marks. "Battle scars." He says.

***

A few days later, the newborn army is stressing Jasper out.

"What if Maria is behind it?" Jasper asks.

"I doubt it Jaz." I say.

Edward runs in. "Someone was in Bella and Cameron's house!"

Jasper and I follow him downstairs.

"It may have just been a nomad." Emmett says.

"A nomad wouldn't leave Charlie alive." Carlisle says.

"Who ever took it, they took one of Bella's tops and one of Cameron's tops." Edward says.

Alice gasps and looks into the distance. "They will be here in a week from today."

"How can we stop them?" Bella asks.

"I can train all of you except Bella and Cameron. We will need some help though." Jasper says.

"What? I can help Jasper." I say.

Jasper ignores me. "Bella, can you asks the wolves if they could help?"

"Yeah. I can do that." Bella says.

Jasper walks up to his room and I follow him.

"Hey! Jasper! I can help fight!" I say.

"Cameron, I don't want you getting hurt." Jasper says.

"C'mon Jaz. Gimme a chance." I say.

"Cameron! I can't loose someone I love again! I can't loose you!" Jasper says.

"Jasper, you'll never loose me. I promise." I say.

Jasper looks down at me and smiles. "You've got 5 chances in training."

"Yes! Thank you so much Jaz!" I say. I hug him.

"So, when do we start?" I ask.