Eight : Drunkies

"Charlie, I need to ask you something. I need your honest answer." I say. "Am I adopted?" I ask.

Charlie stares at me. "Yeah. How'd you figure it out?"

"The doctor called me Ms. Rose and then I looked at the clipboard." I say. "Can you tell me the story? Of how you adopted me?" I ask.

"No." Charlie says. "I have to go." He walks out the door.

I run up to my room and shove my head in my pillow and scream into it. I guess I just didn't believe it when I saw the clipboard and now reality is sinking in.

I feel someone rub my back and I look up to see Jasper.

"I can't believe I'm actually adopted." I say.

"I'm adopted." Jasper says. "I guess. The Cullen's took me in when I was pretty old."

"Yeah." I say.

"I hear your sister, I better go." Jasper says.

"Bye Jaz." I say. I kiss him on the cheek and he climbs out the window.

Bella barges in. "Cameron, could you do me a favor?" She asks.

"It depends what it is." I say.

"Can you come with me and Jess and Angela to Port Angeles?" Bella asks. "I don't want to be there alone with them."

"Sure whatever." I say.

"Ok. We are leaving at 5:00." Bella says. She walks out.

                                      ***
"Bella! It's 5:00!" I yell.

"Let's go then!" Bella's says. I follow her to Jess's car that is now parked on our driveway.

I get in the back with Bella and the three won't shut up. I start texting Jasper.

Cameron [Hey Jaz. Whatcha doin?]

Jasper [I just hunted. Do you like to be called Cam?]

Cameron [You're the only person that has ever called me that. And yes.]

*Contact name changed to Cam*

Jasper [Is that good?]

Cam [Yeah. Thanks Jaz.]

Jasper [What r u doin?]

Cam [going to a store with Bella and her annoying friends.]

Jasper [oof. Have fun. :)]

Cam [I'll try. ;)]

The car stops and I get out and follow everyone into a dress store. Jessica and Angela are checking out each other's ass's and boobs.

'Typical high school girls'

I sit on the windowsill with Bella and some men walk by and check Jess and Angela out.

"Ewww. So inappropriate. This place isn't private." Jess says.

"I'm gonna head to a bookstore. I'll meet you guys at the restaurant." Bella's says.

"I'll come with you." I say. Bella start walking down the street as the sun begins to set. We walk into the bookstore and I help Bella find some Quilette Legend books.

'Weirdo'

We start walking down the street and we must've taken the wrong turn because some drunk men walk out of the bar and follow us.

"Bells, we need to get out of here." I say. We reach a dead end and the men corner us.

"Get away from us." Bella says.

"Bella! Run!" I say. "I'll find a way out! Go get help!" I say.

Bella maneuvers her way around the men and starts running towards the street. Now their full attention is on me.

One grabs my hair and pulls me closer to him. He pins my arms under his arms. I start shaking. Another guy takes his hands and start to put them up my shirt. He runs his dirty hands down the sides of my stomach.

Suddenly, the screech of a car comes from the corner and the men freeze. I freeze. I start shaking even more and I collapse. I see someone get out of the car and they punch the men in the face. He carefully picks me up and runs me into the back seat of the car with him.

I am still shaking. I look up at my rescuers face and it is Jasper. I wrap my arms and legs around him super tight. I shove my face into his neck and I start crying.

He starts rubbing my back and he puts his sweater on me. "Shhhh. You're safe now." He whispers. I keep my face buried in his neck. I don't want to see the drunk mens face again.

We drive for a few minutes and then we park.

"Cam, we are at a restaurant. Do you want to get something to eat?" Jasper asks.

I nod my head yes and Jasper helps me out of the car. He wipes my tears with his thumb and puts his arm around me. We walk up the stairs behind Bella and Edward and we run into Jessica and Angela. They start talking and they leave. We head into the restaurant.

Jasper and I sit in a booth in the corner. Away from Bella and Edward. I sit next to him and he wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"What do you want to drink?" Jasper asks.

"S-some sort of soda." I mumble. "I don't really care. Do they have Mac and cheese?" I ask.

Jasper smiles. "Yeah. They do." Jasper says.

"I want that then." I say.